Hi all, new to the boards, hope all is well and apologies if i do not post in the correct part.
need sum expert advice, hence joining this website. i am still relatively new to building computers and built a basic set up on a budget to start with as i needed a new computer quick, but now, as i am a gamer i want to build a decent gaming rig over the course of the year step by step as money can be a bit of a issue at times.
the next few steps i was going to take was buying better ram, probably 2x8gb and a decent PSU that will still be more then good enough for the final build and then a decent graphics card. probably something like a R9 280/290. and a SSD 240gb to go with my 1tb hybrid drive which will help boost my current set up.
but after that my next steps will be, a new case, which i would like to get the new NZXT H440, then i will was also thinking about upgrading my motherboard and processor to fit into this new case. the motherboard and processor i was looking at is the Asus Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 with a AMD (Piledriver) FX-8350 AM3+ 8 core processor, then adding the parts i already have to this new set up (e.g ram PSU graphics card etc)
after that i would like to set up a water cooling system so i can start overclocking the processor and graphics card as much as possible.
1. is there anything in this setup you would do different?
2. would i need to water cool most items or just the processor and graphics card? i.e would the motherboard overheat if i am overclocking to much without the motherboard being watercooled?
3. by the looks of it i would need a custom water cooling set up for the motherboard as i can not find any blocks to fit this motherboard, so how and what would be the best way about this?
4. realistically what sort of overclocking could i reach?
5. with all this in mind what watt PSU should i be getting? 750w? 900w??
6. will 16gb ram be good enough or should i consider 32gb (4x8gb)
7. would this actually end up being a sweet gaming pc?
many thanks in advance