Thanks
    Level completed: 35%,
    Points required for next Level: 260
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 18.0%

Default Overly Undecided On AMD FX 9500 Series

Happy Holidays All!

Hello, guys, I hope I don't get flamed heavily for bringing this question into the conversation, I do know
    that the AMD FX 9590 4.7GHz (8-core) probably has been featured heavy
    on the forums.

I've read a plethora of reviews good & bad, from sites such as amazon, newegg & other popular sites
    And staggering few others, which also mentioned positive and negative feedback from
    Online Communities/Online E-tailers (retailers)/Youtube along with few other computer-related
    magazines. For quite a while now, since I thought about purchasing the AMD FX 9590, which runs
    8 cores @ 4.7GHz, forgive me if I am wrong.

It's not the price that bothers me it's the super hot heat that generates, while in use or
    even Idle. I've heard all the hoopla over cooling the processor could be one nightmare
    that may come true, meaning even with some of the best liquid coolers, lack performance
    when attempting to cool down the processor. Are any of you all having trouble cooling the core?
    And if so which type of aftermarket liquid cooler are you all currently use to keep the chip at
    nice/decent cooling? I had plans to purchase a cooler with 3/fans and 3 radiators (which I think could be in fact radiators ) ???

I don't plan on overclocking the core itself, but if I ever decide, it'll only become as a tiny boost, nothing more, I don't plan
    on having the CPU fry bacon slabs while i am gaming or video editing. I've used Zalman in the past mainly for CPU air coolers.
    And very unsure about trying one of the latest liquid CPU coolers I'm by no chance a fanboy of anything, just stuck with those
    guys due to all the successful builds from the past nothing more.

I hope any of you don't have these type of problems, so if this is a go at the green light, which liquid cooler should I take part and considering this transaction
    that I could be making. If I've made a right choice in the processor department. Or if not I may have to take a different route and choose one if it's FX predecessors

By The Way, i am starting to build another computer this would actually become my 4th build in the making.
    below are the specs of this future rig of mine.

Brand: - [N/A]
    Model: - [N/A]
    Type: AMD Based/Crossfire
    Chassis/Case: Thermaltake Versa N21 Snow Edition
    Operating System: Windows 10 Professional 64bit OEM
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Processor: _____________
    Graphics Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 8GB-512 bit
    Sound Card: Creative Soundblaster ZX
    Motherboard: _____________
    SSD/Hard Drive(s): 4GB
    SSD/HDD/SSHD: 4GB Seagate (SSHD)
    CPU Cooler: _____________
    Power Supply Unit: _____________[SLi/Crossfire 1,000 Watt+]
    BD Drive: Pioneer 2208B5PK [BD-RW]

System Fan(s):
    01: -
    02: -
    03: -
    04: -
    05: -

Apologize about my post
    i am using this on Android mobile as I post the article
    really sorry how sloppy it looks, the cold weather down here screwed the power up
    Again
    i am sorry hopefully the thread didn't cause any of you a major headache in the works... read

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    23-02-2017 @ 00:03
    CPU: i7-2600K and FX-8350
    M/B: ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen-3 and 990FX Extreme3
    RAM: 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133 & 16GB GSKill Red 2133
    GPU: 2X-R9-280Xs Crossfire & 2X-GTX-570s SLI
    • realneil's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra & Rosewill Blackhawk
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic & Rosewill
      • Cooling:
      • Corsair H80 and Corsair H60, Both with dual high flow, low noise fans added.
      • Sound:
      • both onboard
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 27" & Hannspree 24"
      • Win-7 64Bit on both
      • Misc:
      • JBL Creature-II Sound systems on each PC, Plextor DVD Burners on both systems. Third System: AMD FX-8350 on an ASRock Mainboard 16GB GSKill Sniper DDR3-1600 with 2 GTX-570s in SLI Two 120GB SSDs and one 1.5TB HDD Plextor DVD Burner ViewSonic 23" Screen
    Thanks
    Level completed: 80%,
    Points required for next Level: 352
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 352
    Overall activity: 99.8%

Default Re: Overly Undecided On AMD FX 9500 Series

I won an FX-9590 CPU/Motherboard/Cooler kit from AMD in 2015,....It used this Mainboard from Gigabyte.
    (please note that you ~have~ to check each motherboard's CPU compatibility list to make sure that the board will work with the higher power requirements that the FX-9950 comes with. 220Watts)
    The (included by AMD) AIO cooler came from CoolerMaster, (Seidon 120mm AIO) and it used a thicker 120mm radiator than most AIO coolers.

After I had used it for a while, I sent it to my youngest son to use in his engineering tasks. He needed something dependable, and he was broke after finishing college in San Fransisco.
    It was rock-solid in its performance, and the combination of a Corsair Carbide Spec-03 Case and using all Cougar Vortex fans inside of it made for a very cool running PC.

All of that said, there are faster, cooler running options from the dark side (Intel)
    My i7-4770K and i7-4790K CPUs are faster by far.

AMD is preparing for the release of a new line of CPUs that will be here within a month. You should consider waiting until then to see if they're high-functioning and priced right.
    Last edited by realneil; 10-12-2016 at 10:12.

Status

Last Online
    04-02-2017 @ 07:05
    CPU: FX 8300
    M/B: CHV-Z
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance
    GPU: Asus Strix R9 380X
    Thanks
    Level completed: 24%,
    Points required for next Level: 153
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 153
    Overall activity: 0%

I have one and yes, these chips do run hot because of the 220W TDP of the chip.

If dead-set on a 9590 then you'd need a board that can handle it's massive wattage draw. I'm aware of at least three Asus models (CHV-Z, Sabertooth 2.0 and Sabertooth 3.0) that can no prob but cannot speak for any others since I don't own any of them to say anything good or bad about them. Obviously I own what's named to even be able to suggest them at all so.......

Suggestion:
    The best choice for price and overall performance ATM would actually be the Sabertooth 3.0 because it is M.2 capable unlike the other two named models. You said you'll be running it at stock or maybe a tad above and things such as gaming and stuff like are what you are shooting for, the 3.0 with the M.2 drive would certainly deliver if any of these could since the CHV-Z and Sabertooth 2.0 don't have M.2 drive capability out of the box. I did note you already have an SSD for this and I do hope it's larger than 4GB's, I don't believe Win 10 would even install on it because (If not mistaken here) Win 10 required more drive space than what's shown.

Something at least 256GB's in size would be the way to go for a HDD/SSD drive with Win 10 and if you have to buy one, get an M.2 if you can. The performance of those drives simply blows away any conventional HDD drives but the only caveat is the expense of an M.2 drive. Ideal for transcoding and such and perhaps you could run a standard SSD as an additional drive, place the OS itself on the M.2 and run the SSD as a secondary storage drive.

As for the CPU itself, you will find a 9590 one hot beast to cool - There's no getting around that.
    You are on the right track with wanting to use water instead of aircooling with it, aircooling simply can't keep them cool enough to avoid problems with the high wattage draw these chips have.

Suggestion:
    In reality any 8xxx 8 cored CPU will do the same clock speeds as the 9590 will at stock, even my 8300 will run there all day on air and not get too warm. If I were doing this build I'd look at either an 8300 or 8320E because these have a 95W power draw vs the 9590's 220W power draw, that's less than half the wattage already and certainly a cooler running chip. This would also offset the cost somewhat vs getting a 9590 and the savings could go towards getting a M.2 module to run. If a 8300/8320E doesn't sound good enough, then I'd go for anything else but a 9xxx series chip because the 9xxx series chips are really for competitive OC'ing and the more extreme forms of cooling.

Even an 8370 would be better on that part but in truth an 8300 in itself would do everything you want, run much cooler and cost way less too and best of all if you must it can be ran on air with the right cooler used. I happen to own examples of both chips and the 8300 for any kind of everyday/work useage is the chip to run hands down.

Any and everything the 9590 could do for you in your build with the spec's you stated the 8300 can do it too.

BTW, I'd still grab a Sabertooth 3.0 for it's M.2 capability, you'll appreciate what it's capable of once you start using it - I love my Sabo 3.0 and the M.2 drive I set in it...... But again with the M.2 drives the only real drawback is simply paying for one. However what performance you do get from it once you have one more than makes up for the price paid for the M.2 drive.

The above suggestion(s) are another route you can take if you want......

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    23-02-2017 @ 00:03
    CPU: i7-2600K and FX-8350
    M/B: ASRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen-3 and 990FX Extreme3
    RAM: 16GB Mushkin Redline 2133 & 16GB GSKill Red 2133
    GPU: 2X-R9-280Xs Crossfire & 2X-GTX-570s SLI
    • realneil's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra & Rosewill Blackhawk
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic & Rosewill
      • Cooling:
      • Corsair H80 and Corsair H60, Both with dual high flow, low noise fans added.
      • Sound:
      • both onboard
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 27" & Hannspree 24"
      • Win-7 64Bit on both
      • Misc:
      • JBL Creature-II Sound systems on each PC, Plextor DVD Burners on both systems. Third System: AMD FX-8350 on an ASRock Mainboard 16GB GSKill Sniper DDR3-1600 with 2 GTX-570s in SLI Two 120GB SSDs and one 1.5TB HDD Plextor DVD Burner ViewSonic 23" Screen
    Thanks
    Level completed: 80%,
    Points required for next Level: 352
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 352

My GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming also had an M.2 Drive Slot.
    I used a 500GB Crucial M.2 in it for the OS and a 3TB Seagate Barracuda drive for storage.

This was a very civilized way to go. M.2 is essential for me these days. All four of my PCs have them inside.

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realneil View Post
    My GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming also had an M.2 Drive Slot.
    I used a 500GB Crucial M.2 in it for the OS and a 3TB Seagate Barracuda drive for storage.

This was a very civilized way to go. M.2 is essential for me these days. All four of my PCs have them inside.
    Gigabyte does make some good boards too, I have a couple of them that's lasted for several years now and still doing well.

I run Asus boards because it's my preference for AM3+ and what I named has a rep for being good. BTW I'm currently running my 8300 @ 4.7GHz using 1.37v's to run it there in my CHV-Z and my RAM is clocked at 2133, all has been stable so far and even my temps are well within tolerance but that's largely due to the cooler I'm running.

On water temps would be the same or even a tad better but can't complain at all about how it's doing. A 9590 can run in similar fashion but it's harder to cool because of it's TDP rating, even if using the same voltage for the same speed.

Status

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 16:25
    Thanks
    Level completed: 66%,
    Points required for next Level: 207
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 207
    Overall activity: 99.4%
    Overall activity: 99.4%

currently running the 5990 on a 2 fan radiator (to poor to upgrade)
    i understand very well some of the folks on this site have had remarkable success with less than a 3 fad rad,
    but personally, for this processor i must say anything less than 3 fans is bad
    im using the GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming..it's remarkable, 20/10 would buy again,.
    not sure there is any other board on the market sufficient for this processor,,it is the 3rd board i have had on it

other than that, i would suggest 9590 but it needs a lot. the 220 watt issue is a power hog. but,,i love this thing.
    pleas take a moment to watch and share this in it's ENTIRETY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20RoAfflGCM
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by calemus View Post
    currently running the 5990 on a 2 fan radiator (to poor to upgrade)
    i understand very well some of the folks on this site have had remarkable success with less than a 3 fad rad,
    but personally, for this processor i must say anything less than 3 fans is bad
    im using the GIGABYTE GA-990FX-Gaming..it's remarkable, 20/10 would buy again,.
    not sure there is any other board on the market sufficient for this processor,,it is the 3rd board i have had on it

other than that, i would suggest 9590 but it needs a lot. the 220 watt issue is a power hog. but,,i love this thing.
    The Asus models I named have been proven capable of handling these chips under heavy OC'ing conditions due to the heavier 8+2 phase count these boards have. The top 4 records for FX-9590 CPU frequency are currently held by CHV boards with an ASRock holding 5th. In fact only 4 of the top 15 CPU records are held by other boards than the Asus CHV, CHV-Z or the Sabertooth line with the 9590's, Gigabyte holding three of the remaining 4 slots in the top 15.
    Other benching records on LN2 with 9xxx chips show a similar trend.

Just sayin.

Status

Last Online
    10-02-2017 @ 07:13
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition 3.3GHz
    M/B: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (BIOS: 2102)
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz
    GPU: Sapphire 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    • THAVICIOUS1's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX850W 850 Watt SLI/Crossfire Certified
      • Cooling:
      • Zalman CNPS 9900 Max-B
      • Sound:
      • Soundblaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
      • Monitor:
      • Acer AL1916W
      • Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (SP1)
    Thanks

Appreciate all the help guys!!!! didn't realize my Asus board was coming so soon, this board supports the FX chip. Is this board great enough for the chip or i will have to take it back?
    Heres the link ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com

sorry about the late reply. Super busy for the holidays.

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

Looks fine to me for the useage you stated.
    Believe it will do the job you're asking for it to do and last for awhile.

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Zalman CNPS 9900 Max-B
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Acer AL1916W
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bones View Post
    Looks fine to me for the useage you stated.
    Believe it will do the job you're asking for it to do and last for awhile.

Great and thanks for your help again.. I own the ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 ATX AMD Motherboard - Newegg.com ASUS Pro I planned on purchasing this soon, but I've noticed amazon.com I really hope i don't have any problems with the RAM. I am getting a 1,000 watt PSU, that supports SLI & AMD CF dual video cards. So right now I've purchased the AMD FX 9590 hopefully everything is compatible and don't run into any problems. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I am splendid to know the members on here didn't have any major
    problems with the cooler, i really love Corsair not really a fanboy or any of that, if i see something awesome, I'll own it. But i know that bad boy is going to get pretty hot.
    so do i use the artic silver ceramic thermal paste to cool it down. But i really need to upgrade my PC i am highly aware of the new awesome hardware that will become
    released into our hands then into our systems, sorry for the long post i just needed help building a "temp" system. Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday! And I appreciate all of you guys for helping me, i won't leave any of you out, you all we're very helpful! And Thanks again guys, sorry for the messy post, using my android tablet, and really have to get used to typing on the device.

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

That's fine, we don't mind.

You'll discover that the stock spec's for CPU voltage to the 9590 are in fact too high, default voltages are at least 1.5v's for it and it doesn't need 1.5v's to run @ 4.7GHz.
    The way to figure out what's best for your particular system is to first, downclock it to 4.5GHz and try 1.45v's or so and see how low you can set the voltage before it gets too low.

Be sure to monitor temps under load and as you work back to 4.7 bump the voltage up as you go, you'll find whatever the board is giving the chip at default it really doesn't need as I did with mine. Others have seen similar results from their 9590's too and it does make them run a little cooler. I believe based on what I noted with mine and others I've seen 1.45v's or so should be close to what the chip actually needs to run and be stable @ 4.7GHz.

Stressing it will let you know if it's really stable and what to expect from it related to temps under load and don't be suprised if you have to back it down in speed and voltage a little at least - Thats why I suggested the 8xxx series chips instead, much easier to work with in that way.

Keep us posted in how it goes.

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Zalman CNPS 9900 Max-B
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Acer AL1916W
    Thanks

That's fine, we don't mind.

You'll discover that the stock spec's for CPU voltage to the 9590 are in fact too high, default voltages are at least 1.5v's for it and it doesn't need 1.5v's to run @ 4.7GHz.
    The way to figure out what's best for your particular system is to first, downclock it to 4.5GHz and try 1.45v's or so and see how low you can set the voltage before it gets too low.

Be sure to monitor temps under load and as you work back to 4.7 bump the voltage up as you go, you'll find whatever the board is giving the chip at default it really doesn't need as I did with mine. Others have seen similar results from their 9590's too and it does make them run a little cooler. I believe based on what I noted with mine and others I've seen 1.45v's or so should be close to what the chip actually needs to run and be stable @ 4.7GHz.

Stressing it will let you know if it's really stable and what to expect from it related to temps under load and don't be suprised if you have to back it down in speed and voltage a little at least - Thats why I suggested the 8xxx series chips instead, much easier to work with in that way.

Keep us posted in how it goes.
    Oh my god thanks alot brother!!! I really appreciate that, sounds like I'll be fine then, because I don't want to overclock it like I said maybe just to play around and test it out lol
    But i still have a good ways to get most of my parts cant wait to keep you all posted. And also i have a Logitech G19 keyboard & i have core temp so you know what that means right buddy?
    i can monitor my temps at all times no matter if i am gaming or doing what ever Hmm i never down clocked a processor before, had no idea that was even possible, see that's what i like
    about reading and learning its a powerful tool i tell you that much, sorry for changing the subject, but i just frickin love learning new things okay im going to stop there lol
    Thanks alot buddy i appreicate that, for the time being, i been playing alot of new games to make time past faster heh the computer i am on at the moment isn't too bad but needs an upgrade!
    16GB Memory, 8GB GPU x6 3.3GHz processor heh.

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THAVICIOUS1 View Post
    Oh my god thanks alot brother!!! I really appreciate that, sounds like I'll be fine then, because I don't want to overclock it like I said maybe just to play around and test it out lol
    But i still have a good ways to get most of my parts cant wait to keep you all posted. And also i have a Logitech G19 keyboard & i have core temp so you know what that means right buddy?
    i can monitor my temps at all times no matter if i am gaming or doing what ever Hmm i never down clocked a processor before, had no idea that was even possible, see that's what i like
    about reading and learning its a powerful tool i tell you that much, sorry for changing the subject, but i just frickin love learning new things okay im going to stop there lol
    Thanks alot buddy i appreicate that, for the time being, i been playing alot of new games to make time past faster heh the computer i am on at the moment isn't too bad but needs an upgrade!
    16GB Memory, 8GB GPU x6 3.3GHz processor heh.
    No prob - All you have to do is run a lower CPU multiplier, stock for the 9590 is 23.5 and since the chip is unlocked you can go either way with it, normally all you could do is go down from stock with a locked chip.
    In fact 1.45v's may be a tad too high to try it with but doesn't mean don't try it when you do.

I'm currently running my 8300 @ 5.0 with 1.45v's going to it on air, temps are a little higher than I'm used to seeing them but well within spec.
    Just messing around with it to see how it acts and ATM it's doing fine as I expected - This is why I suggested the 8300 over the 9590, runs cooler, less wattage draw and it's cheaper too. However since you already have the 9590 nothing to do but try it and keep an eye on things such as socket temps, VRM temps and the like.

A 9590 will put a beating on the board's VRM's even at stock so I'd monitor that for sure.

EDIT:
    After leaving here and browsing around for a bit it finally locked up due to running too warm - Ran it back down to 4.5 @ 1.37v's as I had it before. Wanted to set things straight before they went wrong and I don't want to pass along bad info here. I will try it again and this time run up the cooler's fans some, had them almost completely silent because 4 fans on a cooler can be LOUD once you get them going.

EDIT 2:
    Tried it again and this time after running up my fans it did OK with the same settings (5.0 with 1.45v's), ran it for at least 3 hours without a problem so..... Would probrably be OK on watercooling this way.
    I've since turned it back down because of the noise all those fans on the cooler makes and I didn't have it up to even half the speed they could run.
    Last edited by Bones; 16-12-2016 at 11:32.

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Zalman CNPS 9900 Max-B
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Acer AL1916W
    Thanks

No prob - All you have to do is run a lower CPU multiplier, stock for the 9590 is 23.5 and since the chip is unlocked you can go either way with it, normally all you could do is go down from stock with a locked chip.
    In fact 1.45v's may be a tad too high to try it with but doesn't mean don't try it when you do.

I'm currently running my 8300 @ 5.0 with 1.45v's going to it on air, temps are a little higher than I'm used to seeing them but well within spec.
    Just messing around with it to see how it acts and ATM it's doing fine as I expected - This is why I suggested the 8300 over the 9590, runs cooler, less wattage draw and it's cheaper too. However since you already have the 9590 nothing to do but try it and keep an eye on things such as socket temps, VRM temps and the like.

A 9590 will put a beating on the board's VRM's even at stock so I'd monitor that for sure.

EDIT:
    After leaving here and browsing around for a bit it finally locked up due to running too warm - Ran it back down to 4.5 @ 1.37v's as I had it before. Wanted to set things straight before they went wrong and I don't want to pass along bad info here. I will try it again and this time run up the cooler's fans some, had them almost completely silent because 4 fans on a cooler can be LOUD once you get them going.

EDIT 2:
    Tried it again and this time after running up my fans it did OK with the same settings (5.0 with 1.45v's), ran it for at least 3 hours without a problem so..... Would probrably be OK on watercooling this way.
    I've since turned it back down because of the noise all those fans on the cooler makes and I didn't have it up to even half the speed they could run.
    Hey bud thanks for getting back with me, I think I may have to return the 9590, I just knew since the ASUS 970 Aura, would support it because it also supports the FX series Motherboards
    so looks like I may have to return the processor I should have purchased the FX-8370 instead >_< only if i knew the board wattage i would of gotten it aww bummer. Just figured since
    the thing was an FX chip it wouldnt of mattered much as long as the cooler kept it cooler. And now i went and read similar threads on other hardware forums, and guys are saying that
    it works, reguardless of the 220w powerage even though is a 125w mobo. have no idea what's going, went to this site http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/9...MING_AURA.html
    shows that it's compatible with the board green checkmarks by the ones are supported.
    Last edited by THAVICIOUS1; 18-12-2016 at 12:13.

Status

Last Online
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by THAVICIOUS1 View Post
    Hey bud thanks for getting back with me, I think I may have to return the 9590, I just knew since the ASUS 970 Aura, would support it because it also supports the FX series Motherboards
    so looks like I may have to return the processor I should have purchased the FX-8370 instead >_< only if i knew the board wattage i would of gotten it aww bummer. Just figured since
    the thing was an FX chip it wouldnt of mattered much as long as the cooler kept it cooler. And now i went and read similar threads on other hardware forums, and guys are saying that
    it works, reguardless of the 220w powerage even though is a 125w mobo. have no idea what's going, went to this site CPU-Upgrade: ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA processor support
    shows that it's compatible with the board green checkmarks by the ones are supported.
    What that means is the board supports a 125W chip, not that the board itself will act like a power supply - The board should be fine with it as long as you don't push the chip.
    However if you return the 9590 you will solve some potential problems, biggest of course is cooling the CPU and a 125W chip vs a 220W chip will be easier on the board to run.
    However as I said even a 95W chip like my 8300 will run at 4.7 GHz with all 8 cores and be much easier to cool.

BTW I've noted with my 8370 it seems to run warm but the 8300 here stays nice-n-cool.
    Do as you like but I'd pick up an 8300 and just clock it up to 9590 speeds and let it ride - It's the same basic chip with the same core count and all except for the wattage draw and heat output - Plus it's way cheaper too.
    For the money you could buy two 8300's for the cost of a single 9590. I got myself two 8300's and don't regret it at all BUT I also have a 9590..... And a 8370...... And a 8320.......

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Zalman CNPS 9900 Max-B
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Acer AL1916W
    Thanks

What that means is the board supports a 125W chip, not that the board itself will act like a power supply - The board should be fine with it as long as you don't push the chip.
    However if you return the 9590 you will solve some potential problems, biggest of course is cooling the CPU and a 125W chip vs a 220W chip will be easier on the board to run.
    However as I said even a 95W chip like my 8300 will run at 4.7 GHz with all 8 cores and be much easier to cool.

BTW I've noted with my 8370 it seems to run warm but the 8300 here stays nice-n-cool.
    Do as you like but I'd pick up an 8300 and just clock it up to 9590 speeds and let it ride - It's the same basic chip with the same core count and all except for the wattage draw and heat output - Plus it's way cheaper too.
    For the money you could buy two 8300's for the cost of a single 9590. I got myself two 8300's and don't regret it at all BUT I also have a 9590..... And a 8370...... And a 8320.......

Hey buddy! Thanks for getting back with me again, well i have decided to keep the processor, since you've told me, and also i glanced at youtube and saw a few people
    run the setup with the same board as i have, and they we're playing GTA V and other games! Oh thank god, my situation is pretty bad because im disabled cannot drive
    and don't really have transportation to get where i want to. So that's why i want to purchase all the hardware that won't be a problem to run, i looked through my bag
    and found artic silver 5 which i know isn't probably any good, used back in 2011, so i hear people use Artic Silver 5 Ceramique on to water cooled cpu coolers! just got to find the
    right liquid cooler, i am stumped with that, too many positive and negative reviews and scary reviews. a guy once purchased & received an Corsair liquid cooler
    in the mail and it looked fine, when everything gotten installed... well it leaked everywhere, but you know anything that leaves thefactor are always in the damagezone
    which i think.

Thanks again dude i really appreciate you, you have no idea! For helping me!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links