motherboards
Arctic
Arctic Feezer 7x
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure OC's 2013 Grand Prize Giveaway !

Status

Last Online
    02-08-2015 @ 18:07
    CPU: Intel Core i7 980 3.33 GHz Six Core Processor OEM
    M/B: Intel® Desktop Board DX58OG
    RAM: KINGSTON DDR3 SDRAM 1600 MHz PC3-12800 24GB (6x 4GB)
    GPU: XFX ATI Radeon HD 7750 2 GB DDR3 SDRAM PCI Express x16
    • dragonfly's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XM
      • PSU:
      • CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX850 850W
      • Cooling:
      • CPU has an Antec Kuhler H2O 620 GPU has stock fan cooling. Case has 2 200mm fans
      • Monitor:
      • 3 monitors
      • Windows 8 Pro.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 85%,
    Points required for next Level: 45
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%

Default Re: Pure OC's 2013 Grand Prize Giveaway !

My name should be picked because I really need a computer makeover. All the parts I have in my rig are used parts. I am probably the only member on this site that do not own a SSD. My peripherals are sub par and not up to gaming standards. My video card is not capable of crossfire or SLI . My cooling solution is a closed loop system and 5 internal fans and my temperatures are still high. Please help me fix my rig.

Status

Last Online
    04-09-2013 @ 05:33
    Thanks
    Level completed: 70%,
    Points required for next Level: 30
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 30

Im In!! Thanks PUREOC

Status

Last Online
    25-08-2013 @ 09:32
    CPU: Intel QX6600 Core 2 Quad
    M/B: Intel DP45SG Extreme Series P45
    RAM: Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333Mhz 4x2GB 9-9-9-24
    GPU: Ati 1900XTX 512MB/ Ati 1900XT Pro 512MB Crossfire enabled
    • NoobSkillz's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • PSU:
      • OCZ Z Series 650watt
      • Cooling:
      • Reference Cooler for the GPU's, Zalman Air Cooler (forgot the model name-sticker fell off)
      • Sound:
      • Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
      • Monitor:
      • Dell 19 inch
      • Windows Ultimate 64-Bit
      • Misc:
      • Various fans, lights, fan controller, Blu-Ray Rw, DVD-Rw
    Thanks
    Level completed: 96%,
    Points required for next Level: 4
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Overall activity: 3.0%

I have to say, this has been a amazing summer giveaway. Thank you Pure OC, all the Sponsors, and Stan for such a great opportunity. This giveaway has felt endless but, all great things must come to an end.
    As to why I should win:
    I could use either of the prizes being offered. My system is getting older by the second. I have been trying for a few months now to start a new build. I already purchased a MSi Z87 Motherboard and a Intel i5 4670k CPU. The Grand Prize would surely complete my new system. I am only able to buy a part a month, so at the rate I am currently going, I am looking at a completion date of Feb. or Mar. 2014. This would make it possible for me to have a new rig as soon as the prizes arrived at my door. I work Fulltime at BestBuy as the Asst. Manager of Geek Squad Dept., although it has some perks, it is not all that it should be. I currently have a surplus of about $225 a month that I can spend on parts after I pay all my bills, etc etc. My fingers are crossed, hoping for a big win here! Pure OC Good Luck to everyone, Thanks again

Status

Last Online
    23-02-2014 @ 17:57
    CPU: AMD A-10 6800k
    M/B: Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4
    RAM: 8 gigs Kingston 1333 MHZ
    GPU: ASUS HD 7870 2GB Overclocked
    • steveox's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • CFI Diablo
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Triathlon 550W
      • Cooling:
      • DeepCool Assassin's CPU COOLER
      • Sound:
      • Realtech
      • Monitor:
      • Westinghouse 19 inch/ View Sonic 22 inch
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Misc:
      • 8 more gigs of RAM and a few more interior lights and she should be finished.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 85%,
    Points required for next Level: 30
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 30
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Overall activity: 4.0%

Grand Prize:

Aida64 Extreme 3 year key code. be quiet 1000Watt Power Zone PSU, be quiet Dark Rock 2 CPU Cooler, be quiet Two Silent Wings 2 120mm fans. PowerColor Turbo Duo HD7790. Enermax Conus Mid-Tower case. Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD, Kingston Predator 8GB 1866MHz Memory Kit, Kingston, Data Traveler HyperX 3.0 Flash Drive. Koolance 380i CPU Block. Roccat Kone XTD Mouse. Thermaltake eSports MEKA Mechanical Gaming Keyboard !
    Thank you very much Pure OC and Stan!!

Why I want to win these items for my first build:

This may be a little long; and I apologize in advance, but I want to share why I would definately benefit from these items.
    Hello community, My name is Steve but most of my friends call me OX. I am a stay at home father of two great little girls under the age 12 years old. I am also a care taker to their grandmother who is going through Chemo. for COPD and liver cancer. My girlfriend, their mother is the bread winner in this house and I'm very proud of her for being able to do that. We had to make a choice on who would give up their career to be the stay at home parent and who was going to take care of her mother on a daily basis.
    She being the one with the better paying job and better benefits; I choose to leave my job to do what needed to be done for our family. It was a no brainer for me and I do enjoy it some days and some days I miss being able to work out side the house as I once did for many years. This has also been hard on us financially; any extra money saved usually goes to what is needed for the kids, doctor visits, the house or the car. So, I dont get to spend into computer upgrades. But, I have no regrets; as my family is very important, and things will work out if you stick to it.

About two years of so ago; after the kids had gone to school, I found a game on the internet that I enjoyed playing. I also found myself searching and researching on how to get my 1.5 GB HP up to par to run the game better. Me being a noob on the subject of processors, hard drives, fan-control and cooling. Learning that I could purchase a couple of ram sticks and clip them in; just blew me away and how simple and interesting it was to upgrade what I had. I had just got stung by the "Computer Bug" and I wanted to know what more there was and what more I could do to run games.

My first system was a 32BIT small form HP 7600DC with 1.5GB which I still have in the closet. It is the one I will not forget because trying to get some sort of juice out of that little thing is what got me learning and researching anything computer. I now run a 64 BIT DELL which is 3x better that the 32BIT; it's still a long way from what I hope to have put together one day. I also happened to get this computer from her boss who was throwing it out becuase a sprinkler head broke and water logged it. I grabbed it took it home and tore it apart trying to troubleshoot on why it would not boot up. Thank you Ebay because $50, a new Dell mobo and a new PSU and I had my frist upgrade from a 32BIT.. Man i was excited, to actually tear down a machine and get it running again. I have a few older desktop's here at home; a T5062 E-machines running a AMD 3800 Anthlon chip is another one I got as a buddy was upgrading to something newer.. I let the oldest have it to play her games on.

I come here and to a couple of other PC build sites and drool over new hardware and the monster build's you guys put your hearts into making; and I sometimes a little disheartened by the fact that I just cant afford some of the things I see and really want. Knowing that the $60 I've been saving up for a new mobo or case is most likely going to go to the family because something breaks, we need gas money, groceries or meds. It can sometimes be frustrasting; but it also doesn't stop me from dreaming and wanting to have a great little gaming PC one day. When I finally get something worthy it is usually a few years old but that is ok because is new to me and better than what I had before and that makes me happy.

My main goal in this whole ordeal is to be able to actually have a decent gaming system that I can play any game I want. Right now with the PC and chipset I have; It just doesnt have the processing power to run anything past 09'. I think if I could even just get a decent graphics card then maybe I would be satisfied? lol nahhhh it probably won't stop there either. I joined EVGA a couple of months ago once I learned about Folding@home and felt that to be important to the scientific family. Knowing that running my desktop at night while I am asleep to help in the fight against cancer and other diseases is a good cause and I enjoy knowing that I'm helping in some small way.

These are the reasons I would really like to win these items. These products are something that I would truly use; and use daily.

Thank you guys
    Ox

Status

Last Online
    17-11-2017 @ 17:59
    CPU: Amd Phenom BE 720x3
    M/B: Asus M4a79 t Deluxe
    RAM: G-Skill 1600
    GPU: Radeon 4870x2
    • Bill Barnes's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Sniper
      • PSU:
      • OCZ850
      • Cooling:
      • Liquid Cooling
      • Sound:
      • onbaord
      • Monitor:
      • Dell 24"
      • Windows 7 64bit
    Thanks
    Level completed: 49%,
    Points required for next Level: 461
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 461

First of all I apologize I honestly did not read through the post at the start of the Grand prize giveaway! Did not see the part that says why should I win ?I dont know what to say! I guess the only thing I can say is Im just a 58 year old geek that has been wanting to build my version of Dream Machine which amounts to catching up with the current technolgy ! Like the AMD FX 8350 and the latest GPU and SSD and memory to catch up with my friends here! Ive been wanting to build one thats close to current for a long time and I just cant seem to get there!
    I get such a thrill out of building that machine that I would be proud of and show off and most of all enjoy for my own use! I have a lot of friends running the kind of Rigs I want to run!
    Between my finances and my health issues seems like there is a brick wall there that I cant get around! But as pathetic as this sounds its the only thing I got left that I enjoy, the only hobby activity that is of interest to me and Im sometimes to sick to do anything else!
    But when a question comes up like why do you deserve winning this I cant say that I deserve it more than anyone else here there is some good people here that deserve a win in this giveaway! I could name but I dont know if that would be right thing!
    I had more of less pointed out some parts I would like to win and need but if i got lucky on the grand prize or the runner up nothing would be wasted it would just be an oppurtunity to finally build my new Rig Finally!
    Good Luck to everyone here this has been the best giveaway ever and it has been so much fun to watch a lot of people win and knowing they just had a good day!!!!! Stan you are the Best Ive seen a lot of Giveaways but this has been the most fun of any I have ever been in! Thanks and Congrats pulling off such an Awesome event! Thanks Pure OC and thanks to all the sponcers for all your generosity and help!

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    24-08-2018 @ 17:02
    CPU: INTEL i5 4670k
    M/B: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
    RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 2133
    GPU: Two GIGABYTE 670. With EXPC waterblocks and back plats.
    • killjoyjim's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Case Labs Magnum TH 10. With custom paint.
      • PSU:
      • AZZA TITAN 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • D5 pump with dress up kit and block. Custom Res with three XSPC 480mm rads. Swifteck CPU block and Two XSPC water blocks on my 670 cards.
      • Sound:
      • ASUS ROG THUNDERBOLT
      • Monitor:
      • 47'' samsung tv
      • windows 7
      • Misc:
      • OCZ 60gb fot OS. And a OCZ 240 ssd.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 58%,
    Points required for next Level: 725
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725

Well I would love to win the grand prize so I can build a new rig for my son Bryce. He had been my right hand all his life & he turned 18 in July & has moved out.I am lost without him. It would be a nice thing for me to do for him.He is using a old dell POS. He put it together with spare part's we had hear at the house. He call's it Dellzilla...lol.

Status

Last Online
    07-11-2014 @ 19:25
    CPU: Intel i7 3770k (4.7 Ghz)
    M/B: AsRock z77 OC FORMULA
    RAM: 8 GB Vengeance PRO 1866 MHz
    GPU: Gigabyte 7990
    • Razorz's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Fractal Arc Midi R2
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Platinum 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • RX240 AX360 7x GT AP 15 Koolance 450 Pump EK Supremacy Clean CPU Swiftech Komodo 7990 Block XSPC Premium Acrylic Reservoir
      • Sound:
      • Asus Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • CATLEAP Q270 LED 2560x1440
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Misc:
      • Monsoon Black Chrome Fittings Ducky Shine 3 Cherry Red (orange LED) Corsair M95 mouse Corsair sp 2500 Speakers
    Thanks
    Level completed: 17%,
    Points required for next Level: 250
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 250

Wow, I love this.. thank you pure oc.
    Ah just reading some of these other people's stories... good luck guys I really hope you win
    I'd love a chance to put some computers together for my friends any of these prizes would be fantastic.. but I think there are people here who deserve this much more then I do. good luck guys.
    Last edited by Razorz; 25-08-2013 at 09:49.

Banned

Status

Last Online
    25-02-2016 @ 11:04
    CPU: Core i7 3930K
    M/B: ASRock X79 Extreme9
    RAM: 64GBs Kingston Beast 2133MHz
    GPU: Two EVGA GTX 690s in Quad SLI
    • Doctor_Death's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i
      • Cooling:
      • Complete system cooled by EK Water Blocks
      • Sound:
      • Creative Sound Core 3D Audio 7.1
      • Monitor:
      • Dell U3011 30" 2560 x 1600 Res
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Misc:
      • Asus Blu-Ray, Asus 24X DVD Burner, Max Mechanicalkeyboard / Razer Abyssus Mouse / Razer eXact Mat with wrist rest.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,582 Times in 1,551 Posts
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

103 posts in less than 10 hours, not bad at all ! Looks like we just might break a record by the time the giveaway ends on the 30th. Thanks Guys !

Banned

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Misc:
      • Asus Blu-Ray, Asus 24X DVD Burner, Max Mechanicalkeyboard / Razer Abyssus Mouse / Razer eXact Mat with wrist rest.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tux112 View Post
    Im In!! Thanks PUREOC
    Hey Tux112, please go back and read the giveaway post, you have to use the USER CP located top left hand side of this page, and fill in your system specs and your location to be eligible to enter this giveaway. Thanks !

Status

Last Online
    02-02-2015 @ 01:52
    CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K
    M/B: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H
    RAM: HyperX Savage 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    GPU: PowerColor HD7790 TurboDuo
    • fscrivy's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • TT Chaser A71 Full Tower
      • PSU:
      • be quiet Power Zone 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • be quiet dark rock pro 2
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VH238H
      • Windows 7
      • Misc:
      • tt esports theron mouse, tt esports meka g1 illuminated, and Audio-Technica ATH-M30
    Thanks
    Level completed: 29%,
    Points required for next Level: 285
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Death View Post
    103 posts in less than 10 hours, not bad at all ! Looks like we just might break a record by the time the giveaway ends on the 30th. Thanks Guys !
    im going to do the jelly bean in jar thing and guess by the end of this contest we will be sitting on around 300 post and the winner who ever it maybe wins will not claim it cause there a one timer[only comes on to enter something and leave thinking that they will get contacted if they win]

Banned

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • Monitor:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fscrivy View Post
    im going to do the jelly bean in jar thing and guess by the end of this contest we will be sitting on around 300 post and the winner who ever it maybe wins will not claim it cause there a one timer[only comes on to enter something and leave thinking that they will get contacted if they win]
    Good idea, this may work as a way to giveaway some of the PC game key codes we have to offer. Lets see who many people would be interested in doing something like this.

Status

Last Online
    • fscrivy's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VH238H
      • Windows 7
      • Misc:
      • tt esports theron mouse, tt esports meka g1 illuminated, and Audio-Technica ATH-M30
    Thanks

Good idea, this may work as a way to giveaway some of the PC game key codes we have to offer. Lets see who many people would be interested in doing something like this.
    i would but my pc cant game with out my gfx card freaking out and start buzzing while it tries to cool it self

Status

Last Online
    25-08-2013 @ 10:37
    Thanks
    Level completed: 6%,
    Points required for next Level: 94
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 94

what an amazing competition giveaway! good luck to all

Status

Last Online
    21-04-2015 @ 08:52
    CPU: i5 2500K @ WATER
    M/B: GA- UD3H B3
    RAM: GSKILL TRIDENT 1600MHZ CL8 8GB (4X2)
    GPU: GTX 480 SLI @ WATER
    • indiyet's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • COOLER MASTER HAF-X MODEDD (IN PROGRESS)
      • PSU:
      • OCZ FATALITY 750W
      • Cooling:
      • PHOBYA G-CHANGER 280 - LAING D5 STRONG 810N - 15MM CLEAR RESERVOIR - 1/2-3/4 COMPRESION - 19/13 CLEAR TUBBING - MAYHEMS RED BLOD DYE
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • SAMSUNG P2370MS 23" + LG LD655 42"
      • WINDOWS 7 SP1 ULTIAMTE X 64 BITS
    Thanks
    Level completed: 94%,
    Points required for next Level: 19
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 19

Hey indiyet, can you please post some photos of your Rig, it looks like you did a nice clean build ! Thanks
    Hey dude, yes no problem.
    This is not my current system, I'm running 480 SLI, Sandisk Extreme RAID0 120gb. I will updated the post very soon, I still waiting the Phobya 200mm radiator, will update soon!
    Here the worklog: Haf-x mod

Status

Last Online
    11-12-2015 @ 19:32
    CPU: AMD FX 8150 8 Core
    M/B: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
    RAM: 8gb GSkill DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
    GPU: EVGA GTX 550Ti
    • Trak's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Strom Scout
      • PSU:
      • PC Power & Cooling 750W Silencer
      • Cooling:
      • CPU---Cooler Master V6GT (Fans are 2x120mm Noctua Focused Flow ) , 200mm + 120mm + 140mm Cooler master Case Fans , 120mm Noctua Case Fan
      • Monitor:
      • Lenovo 23" LCD
      • Win 7 Ultimate X64
      • Misc:
      • Cooler Master Trigger Gaming Keyboard Cooler Master Sentinel Advance II Gaming Mouse 2x Lite-on DVD/ RW Sata Drives
    Thanks
    Level completed: 23%,
    Points required for next Level: 308
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 308

Let's hope the Grand Trak Prize Winner Trak responds in Trak a timely fashion........

Status

Last Online
    • fscrivy's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VH238H
      • Windows 7
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links