motherboards
Arctic
Arctic Feezer 7x
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: bad news for us about Frozencpu.

Status

Last Online
    15-02-2017 @ 16:11
    CPU: i7 4790k @4.8
    M/B: Gigabyte Z97 mx Gaming 5
    RAM: 2 X 8 GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2133
    GPU: ASUS 20th Anniversary GTX 980
    • mrcapncaveman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Enermax iVector
      • PSU:
      • InWin Glacier 900W Gold
      • Cooling:
      • EK CPU waterblock and compression fittings , XSPC 240 rad and DDC pump 140mm tube res
      • Monitor:
      • AOC 19in/ Vizio 22in HDTV
      • Win 7 Ultimate
    Thanks
    Level completed: 16%,
    Points required for next Level: 423
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 423
    Overall activity: 0%

Default Re: bad news for us about Frozencpu.

As a recovering alcoholic addict myself, I see alot of signs here that are telling me to run, run far away from FCPU. The complete failure to try to recover what he once had is a sign that things have not changed, pointing fingers or attempting to place the blame elsewhere is another sign that things are still in a downward spiral. I for one will not be spending any money there until I see valid proof that things are rolling as they should in a proffessional manner.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    18-04-2019 @ 12:45
    CPU: i7-4770K @ 4GHZ
    M/B: MSI Z87 MPOWER ATX LGA1150
    RAM: 32GB (2 X Crucial 16GB Ballistix Elite (2 x 8GB) CAS 9, DDR3 1866 )
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Dual FTW ACX
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic XPS2 / 660W / 660 Platinum
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech ApogeeXL Water Block Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator EK DDC X-RES Top 140 with 3.2 Pump (PWM) Pump/Res Primochill LST 3/8x5/8" Tubing BitsPower Premium Black Matt Compression Fittings Cougar CF-V12HPB Fans Monsoon Silver Bullet
      • Monitor:
      • 3 x Asus VS247H-P 23.6"
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
      • System Name: Dark Matter Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rrccCJ BIOS Overclock to 4GHZ. Memory @ Stock Speed. Purely an amateur, built for HandBrake.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 81%,
    Points required for next Level: 118
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 118

For the record, and to make my position clear.

I HOPE FrozenCPU DOES Return.

My statement was an assertion that the posts on Facebook, which I believe were posted by Mark Friga, failed to fill me with confidence.

Alan, Smiki, I beleive you'll find that the "FCPU fan" that you refer to is actually "RPD Fan", by which I'd hazard a _guess_ that FrozenCPU (whether it is Mark or an agent of FrozenCPU) is a FAN of the Rochester PD (RPD) who, presumably are "on FrozenCPU's Side" as opposed to the Monroe County Sheriffs Dept. The poster of both the Announcement that the Shopping Carts would be re-opened and the other post, are FrozenCPU, and given the second (later) post starts with "on a side note", I would assert that it's a continuation of the announcement by the same FrozenCPU poster.

As 5Woop points out, though, we don't KNOW anything, and all we can do is wait and hope that Mark and FrozenCPU pull things together, re-open and are successful!

Here's hoping! As Jim said though, at least it's SOME news.

S.

PS, the comments on that Facebook post are vicious. And a link I found to a subreddit are even worse. There are a lot of angry people out there. The comment "if only to raise funds to take legal action against the crooked law enforcement" seems to have really struck a nerve too. Crazy.
    Last edited by Gu3; 21-03-2015 at 03:43.

3. The following user thanks Gu3 For this above post:

Solara2xb (21-03-2015)

Status

Last Online
    30-08-2017 @ 03:07
    CPU: Intel i7 5930K / Intel i7 4820K / Intel i7 4790K
    M/B: ASUS X99 R5E / ASUS X79 Sabertooth / ASUS Z97 MVIIF
    RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR4 3000MHz / 32GB Corsair 1866MHz / 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz
    GPU: EVGA GTX780 TRI SLI Classy / EVGA GTX 780 SLI / XFX R9 290 (xfire) w XSPC WB
    • Solara2xb's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair 750D / Corsair A540 / NZXT P630
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 1000G2 / Corsair AX1200 / Corsair AX1200
      • Cooling:
      • ALL Systems running Custom Water Cooling
      • Monitor:
      • 3x Dell 24" IPS on XFX Triple Stand 5760x1200
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thanks
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Gu3 View Post

My statement was an assertion that the posts on Facebook, which I believe were posted by Mark Friga, failed to fill me with confidence.

Alan, Smiki, I beleive you'll find that the "FCPU fan" that you refer to is actually "RPD Fan", by which I'd hazard a _guess_ that FrozenCPU (whether it is Mark or an agent of FrozenCPU) is a FAN of the Rochester PD (RPD) who, presumably are "on FrozenCPU's Side" as opposed to the Monroe County Sheriffs Dept. The poster of both the Announcement that the Shopping Carts would be re-opened and the other post, are FrozenCPU, and given the second (later) post starts with "on a side note", I would assert that it's a continuation of the announcement by the same FrozenCPU poster.

As 5Woop points out, though, we don't KNOW anything, and all we can do is wait and hope that Mark and FrozenCPU pull things together, re-open and are successful!

S.

PS, the comments on that Facebook post are vicious. And a link I found to a subreddit are even worse. There are a lot of angry people out there. The comment "if only to raise funds to take legal action against the crooked law enforcement" seems to have really struck a nerve too. Crazy.
    Yea, I've seen some of those reddit post and there is a lot of angry people out there. Its actually kind of sad to see such a good business turn to such...
    But, with the lack of updates from the owners of the business, IMO, it doesn't say much at this time.

Like you, I do hope they stick around as I never had any issues with pass orders, but it's pretty hard to put confidence into such business with the lack of professionalism.

My buddy and I were actually joking about starting a business like frozenCPU, but this particular PC market is such a niche market, I'm not sure how it would survive esp in CA where business benefits are not the greatest and Real estate is not cheap. Time to move to Texas! lolz

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech ApogeeXL Water Block Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator EK DDC X-RES Top 140 with 3.2 Pump (PWM) Pump/Res Primochill LST 3/8x5/8" Tubing BitsPower Premium Black Matt Compression Fittings Cougar CF-V12HPB Fans Monsoon Silver Bullet
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
      • System Name: Dark Matter Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rrccCJ BIOS Overclock to 4GHZ. Memory @ Stock Speed. Purely an amateur, built for HandBrake.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Solara2xb View Post
    My buddy and I were actually joking about starting a business like frozenCPU, but this particular PC market is such a niche market, I'm not sure how it would survive esp in CA where business benefits are not the greatest and Real estate is not cheap. Time to move to Texas! lolz
    San Antonio has my vote. Low cost, great place to live and virtually no traffic (compared to any other major Metropolitan area I've visited).

You know, I think there's a bigger market than people realize. In all honesty, neither Frozen CPU NOR Performance PC's have that great an inventory. That's why I think it appears there's not much demand. How many times have you looked for a WC or even a cable or whatever, and most of the vendors that come up in a search are in Europe, Asia or Australia? Even FrozenCPU and Performance PC's seem to have strange holes in their inventory. I think if you could cherry pick some brands and then carry (or have a reasonable direct from manufacturer shipping plan) those items you'd do well enough.

Use an Amazon storefront, as well as your own storefront, and possibly an ebay storefront all at the same time. Tie it to one inventory system, ADVERTISE on every Forum and Review Site you can, hire great people (hardest part) and I bet you'd do pretty well. To start out with, you'd need some good relationships with Vendors, but I strongly suspect there are people around here that probably have some of those....

Don't get me wrong, it would take quite a bit of Capital if you wanted to have anything "in Stock", and there would be a lot of startup Risks, but FrozenCPU's failure has created a small Vacuum in the market, and Newegg and Amazon aren't really cut out to meet it.

I wish. Unfortunately, like you, I live in an expensive area (DC), and committing my life to running a business just isn't in me...lol

Ho Hummm, I hope somebody does!

Scott

Status

Last Online
    07-07-2020 @ 11:02
    CPU: ThreadRipper 2950X @4.1Ghz
    M/B: MSI Meg X399 Creation
    RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000
    GPU: 2x Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1600W 80+ G2
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 76.0%

S.

We all want the same thing, that FCPU get back on their feet and start to receive orders, what is written and published already has been done and there's nothing we can do more. We all agree that the statement is not written as it should, and it was full of bitterness and cynicism, but there's nothing we can do to change it. Is it written by some angry FB participant, or is it the Mark Friga himself, we can only speculate, I think that only he knows who, and why wrote this statement.

Always look beyond the limits...

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smiki007 View Post
    We all want the same thing, that FCPU get back on their feet and start to receive orders, what is written and published already has been done and there's nothing we can do more. We all agree that the statement is not written as it should, and it was full of bitterness and cynicism, but there's nothing we can do to change it. Is it written by some angry FB participant, or is it the Mark Friga himself, we can only speculate, I think that only he knows who, and why wrote this statement.
    Yup! Agreed.

S.

Status

Last Online
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks

Strange thing is, if FCPU is out, then how it's possible they have online store page updated with the new products like EK Vardar Fan series:
    Search: Vardar - FrozenCPU.com *

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    24-08-2018 @ 17:02
    CPU: INTEL i5 4670k
    M/B: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO
    RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 2133
    GPU: Two GIGABYTE 670. With EXPC waterblocks and back plats.
    • killjoyjim's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Case Labs Magnum TH 10. With custom paint.
      • PSU:
      • AZZA TITAN 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • D5 pump with dress up kit and block. Custom Res with three XSPC 480mm rads. Swifteck CPU block and Two XSPC water blocks on my 670 cards.
      • Sound:
      • ASUS ROG THUNDERBOLT
      • Monitor:
      • 47'' samsung tv
      • windows 7
      • Misc:
      • OCZ 60gb fot OS. And a OCZ 240 ssd.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 58%,
    Points required for next Level: 725
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 725

Quote Originally Posted by Smiki007 View Post
    Strange thing is, if FCPU is out, then how it's possible they have online store page updated with the new products like EK Vardar Fan series:
    Search: Vardar - FrozenCPU.com *
    Dam good point there.

Status

Last Online
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killjoyjim View Post
    Dam good point there.
    Or they near to reopen again or someone play a cruel game with us.

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    11-04-2018 @ 20:32
    CPU: Intel 3960X REV7 C2
    M/B: Asus Sabertooth X79
    RAM: 32 gb Kingston Hyper X SDRAM DDR3 2133/fans
    GPU: Asus Matrix 290X ROG
    • alan1476's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1200W AX
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech H20-330 Edge Kit Cooling ( need new water block) 2x HyperX RAM Fans
      • Sound:
      • ASUS PCI-Express x1 Sound Card XONAR ESSENCE STX/90-
      • Monitor:
      • Triple Samsungs ( Digital Tiger)
      • Windows 7 64bit Ultimate SP1
      • Misc:
      • Build 2 - Corsair Obsidian 650D Asrock Z87 Fatal1ty One Professional Intel 4770K CPU 16gbs of Ripjaws Z 2133mhz with fans Coolit ECO A.L.C. 240mm Rad EVGA 780Ti Classified (not installed yet} Seasonic 1200W Platnium Third and forth build specs on request
    Thanks
    Level completed: 93%,
    Points required for next Level: 56
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Overall activity: 41.0%
    Overall activity: 41.0%

They have commitments from most of the vendors for credit again, its just a matter of time before you will be able to buy there with confidence. Its my bet that checkout will be open in less than 30 days.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns."

12. The following users thank 2 For this above post:

Bob2701 (23-03-2015), realneil (23-03-2015)

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    31-12-2019 @ 16:17
    CPU: i7-2600K and FX-8350
    M/B: Gigabyte on both
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 and 64GB DDR4-3000
    GPU: 980Ti SLI and RX480 Crossfire
    • realneil's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra & Rosewill Blackhawk
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic & Rosewill
      • Cooling:
      • Corsair H80 and Corsair H60, Both with dual high flow, low noise fans added.
      • Sound:
      • both onboard
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 27" & Acer 28" 4K screen
      • Win-7 64Bit on both
      • Misc:
      • Klipsch Speakers, Plextor DVD Burners on all systems. Third System: Z170 Stinger W/i5-6600K, 16GB DDR4-3000, GTX-980 ViewSonic 27" Screen
    Thanks
    Level completed: 8%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,843
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,843

Wait and see, I guess.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Speculation:
    HARDOCP - FrozenCPU Liquidating Its Inventory On Craigslist?

Interesting though, and given the way this has gone, IMO, likely true.

Scott

Status

Last Online
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks

Speculation:
    HARDOCP - FrozenCPU Liquidating Its Inventory On Craigslist?

Interesting though, and given the way this has gone, IMO, likely true.

Scott
    Is it or not true we need to wait and see . Very stingy notice to immediately accepted as true.

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 18:22
    CPU: Intel 4960x @ 4.3ghz
    M/B: MSI x79 GD45 Plus
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Ram @ 2133mhz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX Titan 6GB
    • TeeBlack's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • CaseLabs SM8
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Power Pro 10 850w
      • Cooling:
      • Asetek 570LC
      • Sound:
      • Focusrite saffire 6
      • Monitor:
      • Samsung 24" LCD
      • Windows 7 64bit
    Thanks
    Level completed: 72%,
    Points required for next Level: 431
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 431

personally i liked Frozencpu and never had a problem with them but after all this im not so sure about this company anymore.
    You don't know me and that's the way i like it!

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    31-12-2019 @ 16:17
    CPU: i7-2600K and FX-8350
    M/B: Gigabyte on both
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-3200 and 64GB DDR4-3000
    GPU: 980Ti SLI and RX480 Crossfire
    • realneil's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra & Rosewill Blackhawk
      • PSU:
      • SeaSonic & Rosewill
      • Cooling:
      • Corsair H80 and Corsair H60, Both with dual high flow, low noise fans added.
      • Sound:
      • both onboard
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 27" & Acer 28" 4K screen
      • Win-7 64Bit on both
      • Misc:
      • Klipsch Speakers, Plextor DVD Burners on all systems. Third System: Z170 Stinger W/i5-6600K, 16GB DDR4-3000, GTX-980 ViewSonic 27" Screen
    Thanks
    Level completed: 8%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,843
    Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 1,843

I understand everyone's loyalty to FrozenCPU. But that goes only so far.

They sold really good gear, for good prices, for a long time. This worked well for us and them.

But at this point, I can't see wasting any time or effort on them.
    By going nuts and shutting down the way that they did, they let their customer base down. It's not professional at all.

I think that we can find everything that they sold on other sites. If they start to operate again, they'll have to prove themselves before I order from them.

Core Member

Status

Last Online
    03-12-2018 @ 18:22
    CPU: Intel 4960x @ 4.3ghz
    M/B: MSI x79 GD45 Plus
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Ram @ 2133mhz
    GPU: Nvidia GTX Titan 6GB
    • TeeBlack's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • CaseLabs SM8
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet Power Pro 10 850w
      • Cooling:
      • Asetek 570LC
      • Sound:
      • Focusrite saffire 6
      • Monitor:
      • Samsung 24" LCD
      • Windows 7 64bit
    Thanks
    Level completed: 72%,
    Points required for next Level: 431
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 431

i mostly bought from them when i couldnt find certain stuff on PerformancePCs. FrozenCpu seemed to have more info on their products then PerformancePCs. Had to pay tax when i bought from FrozenCpu because i live in NY.
    You don't know me and that's the way i like it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links