First thing, don't abuse this system, stay within the rules, spamming crap to get points will result in infractions. My definition of crap is rather lenient though
You may have noticed some new coloured bars on your posts to the left like these:
...and a link to the overall points ranking system on the nav bar like so (Experience):
This system has been introduced so that user post count is no longer the only variable to show a users worthyness! I'll explain how it works below:
Points & Levels
The orange bar shows your overall level and the points you've gained from the various things you've done on the forums. There are 100 levels. You get points for posting, creating a thread, and so on. All these are listed at the end of this post, along with how many points each are worth.
The blue bar shows how many points you need to get to the next level.
The system calculates the activity by taking the average post count of the ten most active user over the past 21 days and compares that figure to your own post count. simple!
Points you can earn:
If you have any questions as to what each of the above mean, post here. Any feedback welcome. think you should get more points for something i've listed above, post here.
- Points for infractions - between minus 50 to minus 400 depending on severity.
- Points for each day online: 2
- Points for social group members: 5
- Points for friends: 3
- Points for messages left on member profile pages: 1.5
- Points for having album pictures: 3
- Points for referrals: 25
- Points for starting thread: 2
- Points for adding a tag: 0.5
- Points for replies to own threads: 0.5
- Points for thread views to your created threads: 0.02
- Points if your thread becomes a sticky: 50
- Points for a post: 2
- Points if your posts gets thanked: 10
- Points for giving thanks to anothers post: 2