motherboards
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me pick a case (TJ08-E or PS07)

Status

Last Online
    15-08-2014 @ 04:02
    CPU: Core i5 2500k @Stock
    M/B: Asus P8P67M-Pro
    RAM: Team Elite 2x4GB 9-9-9-24 1333
    GPU: Galaxy GTX560Ti OC 1GB (923 MHz GPU, 1846 MHz Shader)
    • Mampus's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E
      • PSU:
      • Super Flower Golden King 550W
      • Cooling:
      • CPU: Noctua U9B SE2 GPU: Stock heatsink RAM: Stock heatspreader Case Fan: (Intake) Silverstone AP181
      • Sound:
      • Onboard
      • Monitor:
      • Samsung SyncMaster 953BW 19" (1440 x 900 @75Hz)
      • Win 7 Pro 64-bit
      • Misc:
      • Gamepad: Madcatz Tournament Edition R1
    Thanks
    Level completed: 19%,
    Points required for next Level: 81
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 15.0%

Default Help me pick a case (TJ08-E or PS07)

Hello

Still don't know which case (microATX case actually) i will buy. After not-so extensive reading and watching reviews, i decided to pick either of those case. I know Corsair 350D, Fractal Design Define (or Arc) Mini, Cooler Master N200, Bitfenix Prodigy (or Phenom) M, but those case are not so appealing to me.

Corsair 350D and FD Define (or Arc) Mini is still big in my opinion. I already have Antec 900 which i will give to my uncle (and it is big). Besides, i still opted to air cooling, and based on review i read, those case are optimal for AIO or custom watercooling with rad and other stuff.

Cooler Master N200. Well, no dust filter in the front (same as my 900), still bigger than TJ08-e or PS07, and it's basically no different than my 900 (PSU on the bottom, front mesh intake)

About Bitfenix. Small, but i do not like the styling.

Yes, the TJ08-E and PS07 are basically the same case, but i already have 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 as intake in my 900 (and yes, i will ditch the AP-15 before sending my 900 to uncle )

My question is, 2 GT AP-15 versus 1 Air Penetrator AP181, which one will cool better? Or there's any other microATX case that interesting enough for me to take a look?

Thanks for answering

Status

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 20:09
    CPU: AMD FX8320 at 4.8ghz
    M/B: Gigibyte GA990fx-UD5
    RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Predator 2133mhz
    GPU: 3x Sapphire 7950 Dual-x 3GB
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • INWin Commander II 1200w
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks
    Level completed: 14%,
    Points required for next Level: 606
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 606
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Default Re: Help me pick a case (TJ08-E or PS07)

Quote Originally Posted by Mampus View Post
    Hello

Still don't know which case (microATX case actually) i will buy. After not-so extensive reading and watching reviews, i decided to pick either of those case. I know Corsair 350D, Fractal Design Define (or Arc) Mini, Cooler Master N200, Bitfenix Prodigy (or Phenom) M, but those case are not so appealing to me.

Corsair 350D and FD Define (or Arc) Mini is still big in my opinion. I already have Antec 900 which i will give to my uncle (and it is big). Besides, i still opted to air cooling, and based on review i read, those case are optimal for AIO or custom watercooling with rad and other stuff.

Cooler Master N200. Well, no dust filter in the front (same as my 900), still bigger than TJ08-e or PS07, and it's basically no different than my 900 (PSU on the bottom, front mesh intake)

About Bitfenix. Small, but i do not like the styling.

Yes, the TJ08-E and PS07 are basically the same case, but i already have 2 Gentle Typhoon AP-15 as intake in my 900 (and yes, i will ditch the AP-15 before sending my 900 to uncle )

My question is, 2 GT AP-15 versus 1 Air Penetrator AP181, which one will cool better? Or there's any other microATX case that interesting enough for me to take a look?

Thanks for answering
    Well i personally do not like either of the cases you ask about. Yuck! What about the Colossus Micro ATX, The Urban T31, Define R4(Great Case), Arc Midi R2(Another great one),Carbide 2003 and 300r, CM HAF XB, Air540. There are just too many great cases out to just settle for something like the TJ08 or PS07.

The difference in internal air cooling are not great enough for me to even look into. If you were putting them on a RAD or even the CPU cooler it would matter some but just as intake and exhaust fans just don't account for enough for me to worry about.
    "If you got it, Build it"

A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

Status

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:14
    CPU: Intel 4790K @ 4.6GHz
    M/B: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme D4 2133
    GPU: nVidia GTX 780 Reference
    • Ciarlatano's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech Apogee XL Swiftech Komodo NV-LE D5 PWM w/ EK Top Alphacool UT60 280mm XSPC EX240 XSPC Photon 170 Noctua PPC-2000 fans push/pull all around
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks
    Level completed: 75%,
    Points required for next Level: 77
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 23.0%

I have done builds in the TJ-08E, and it is a fantastic case. It isn't something you would want to be making a lot of changes with, only in that doing anything in it tends to get overly involved, but once it is together it is awesome. The airflow with the AP181 is exceptional, and the positive pressure design works very well in cooling and keeping it dust free. It also happens to be very well built.

I have never been hands on with the PS07,.so I have no input there.

Status

Last Online
    • Mampus's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • CPU: Noctua U9B SE2 GPU: Stock heatsink RAM: Stock heatspreader Case Fan: (Intake) Silverstone AP181
      • Sound:
      • Onboard
      • Monitor:
      • Win 7 Pro 64-bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberburnout View Post
    Well i personally do not like either of the cases you ask about. Yuck! What about the Colossus Micro ATX, The Urban T31, Define R4(Great Case), Arc Midi R2(Another great one),Carbide 2003 and 300r, CM HAF XB, Air540. There are just too many great cases out to just settle for something like the TJ08 or PS07.

The difference in internal air cooling are not great enough for me to even look into. If you were putting them on a RAD or even the CPU cooler it would matter some but just as intake and exhaust fans just don't account for enough for me to worry about.
    Hmm, Colossus mATX is basically the same case as Prodigy M, which i don't like it's styling (and it's internal layout). Urban T31 is obviously an ATX case, same as Define R4, Arc Midi R2, HAF XB, and Carbide series (which all of them are ATX), and some of them are indeed bigger than my 900

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarlatano View Post
    I have done builds in the TJ-08E, and it is a fantastic case. It isn't something you would want to be making a lot of changes with, only in that doing anything in it tends to get overly involved, but once it is together it is awesome. The airflow with the AP181 is exceptional, and the positive pressure design works very well in cooling and keeping it dust free. It also happens to be very well built.

I have never been hands on with the PS07,.so I have no input there.
    PS07 is just like TJ08-E but instead of 180mm AP intake, they opted to choose 2 (two) 120mm instead.

Well, i upgraded every 4-5 years, so i wouldn't make lot of changes (excluding maintenance from dust etc.)

Glad to hear that TJ08-E is very well built, because in the SPCR review of TJ08-E, they say the internal structures are wobbly without a top-to-bottom drive cage or support beams.

SilverStone Temjin TJ08-E: MicroATX Evolved | silentpcreview.com

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks

Hmm, Colossus mATX is basically the same case as Prodigy M, which i don't like it's styling (and it's internal layout). Urban T31 is obviously an ATX case, same as Define R4, Arc Midi R2, HAF XB, and Carbide series (which all of them are ATX), and some of them are indeed bigger than my 900

PS07 is just like TJ08-E but instead of 180mm AP intake, they opted to choose 2 (two) 120mm instead.

Well, i upgraded every 4-5 years, so i wouldn't make lot of changes (excluding maintenance from dust etc.)

Glad to hear that TJ08-E is very well built, because in the SPCR review of TJ08-E, they say the internal structures are wobbly without a top-to-bottom drive cage or support beams.

Yes I am aware they support ATX. They also support smaller boards as well. Which is why they were listed. Options, showing there were other cases besides the 2 you listed that are limited on cable management and just boring as heck. They remind me of the old cases from 10 years ago. lol Maybe paint it beige so you can have a retro build. But if you want to be limited to those style cases then ok. Some of them were a little bigger and I listed them for room for future expansion.

The internals of the Colossus and Prodigy M are the same but the external style are not even close to being alike. I actually thought I didnt like the layout of the Prodigy M until I did the review on the case. Turns out it was way better then I thought. I didn't like the original Prodigy but I love the M version.

How about the Rosewill legacy U3-B with the side window. Different but may be something you like. In WIN Dragon Slayer, Lian Li PC-V354B, Antec New Solution VSk-3000, Urban Sd1, Urban S1.

Prodigy M build.

A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech Apogee XL Swiftech Komodo NV-LE D5 PWM w/ EK Top Alphacool UT60 280mm XSPC EX240 XSPC Photon 170 Noctua PPC-2000 fans push/pull all around
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks

It's a modular construction, like a unibody car. The individual pieces make up a very sturdy whole unit. Pretty sure I saw that in another review that wasn't from SPCR....

Status

Last Online
    • Mampus's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • Onboard
      • Monitor:
      • Win 7 Pro 64-bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberburnout View Post
    Yes I am aware they support ATX. They also support smaller boards as well. Which is why they were listed. Options, showing there were other cases besides the 2 you listed that are limited on cable management and just boring as heck. They remind me of the old cases from 10 years ago. lol Maybe paint it beige so you can have a retro build. But if you want to be limited to those style cases then ok. Some of them were a little bigger and I listed them for room for future expansion.

The internals of the Colossus and Prodigy M are the same but the external style are not even close to being alike. I actually thought I didnt like the layout of the Prodigy M until I did the review on the case. Turns out it was way better then I thought. I didn't like the original Prodigy but I love the M version.

How about the Rosewill legacy U3-B with the side window. Different but may be something you like. In WIN Dragon Slayer, Lian Li PC-V354B, Antec New Solution VSk-3000, Urban Sd1, Urban S1.

Prodigy M build.
    snip
    Limited at cable management, yes, but right now i have only one HDD, one ODD, one graphic card that use 2x6 pin PIC-e, so i'm not worry about that. Boring? Yeah, they just plain looking, but i love it! Honesly, I'm that kind of guy

Future expansion? Well, when i have C2D E6600 with GeForce 7900GS in 2007, i think i will go SLi, so i buy Abit AW9D-Max at that time (ATX board, lots of OC stuff, support SLi of cource), but in fact, i never use it. So, when Sandy Bridge came out, i started to think, "What i actually need?". Turns that i only need one mid-to-high card (ended up buying 560Ti OC), one HDD (SSD is obviously expensive at that time), a OC-able processor (2500k) so that i can increase the clock when needed, and a smaller mobo (P8P67M-Pro). Now, i want a smaller case to 'complete' that. Seriously, is anyone buy Cosmos II with ITX mobo, one SSD, and one HDD? What a waste of space

Yes, the original Prodigy is too big for an ITX case. I think Rosewill and Antec VSK-3000 is not available in my country. IN WIN Dragon Slayer is a nice case, but still too flashy for me . Urban SD1 will not house my Noctua U9B SE2, and S1 are poor with cable management (same as my 900)

Wow, what a nice and clean build! But i still love air-cooling, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciarlatano View Post
    It's a modular construction, like a unibody car. The individual pieces make up a very sturdy whole unit. Pretty sure I saw that in another review that wasn't from SPCR....
    Yeah. Like $1 coin, it's not much, but if there's 100.000 coins of $1, you can buy a car with that (imagine if you buy a car or Pc component with bunch of coins)

Me playing old school game with old school controller

Back to topic: two AP-15 fans in PS07, or one AP181 fan in TJ08-E?

Status

Last Online
    • Mampus's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • Onboard
      • Monitor:
      • Win 7 Pro 64-bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Finally I bought the TJ08E. Fantastic and nice case, but challenging to build. I love the inverted motherboard layout and the build quality of it

Floppy Drive FTW!

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks

Finally I bought the TJ08E. Fantastic and nice case, but challenging to build. I love the inverted motherboard layout and the build quality of it

Floppy Drive FTW!

Show us some guts!! lol Glad you got the case you wanted. The Floppy drive is ridiculous lol IM sure you could have found something else to stick in there.

Status

Last Online
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks

Glad that worked out. I really liked my TJ-08E.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads