RAM: 32 GB DDR3 2400 G.SKILL SNIPER
    GPU: 2X- EVGA GFORCE GTX 960 4GB FTW
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SUPERNOVA P2 PLATNIUM 1200W PSU
      • Cooling:
      • AirPlex 360 rad Airplex Pro 240 slim rad Swiftech MCP 655 Pump XSPC RAYSTORM CPU Water Block Monsoon Premium Modular 2 bay Reservoir
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • 27 inch Predator 144 Hz 1440 gaming
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
      • Razer Black Widow Ultimate KEYBOARD, Razor Death Adder Elite mouse
    Thanks
    Level completed: 77%,
    Points required for next Level: 400
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 400
    Overall activity: 58.0%

Default Re: Dark Matter Redux -- It begins!

Make sure if your mounting the rad or anything to it that the screws are short and do not enter the rad more the an 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch you don't want
    to damage any fins or poke a hole in your rad.

below are the three reservoirs I have laying around 1 tube and 2 bay
    Send me a PM with your Name and address in it and I will ship the one you like
    IF none of them catch your fancy that's OK too!

The frozen Q can be modded it has a UV light inside and the green Helix can be replaced with any color
    you like its well made aluminum and glass housing and lighting control switch.
    the other two speak for themselves Danger Den, and EK.

Dark Matter Redux -- It begins!-dd-1.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-dd-2.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-dd-3.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-ek-1.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-ek-2.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-ek-3.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-fq-1.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-fq2.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-fq-3.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-fq-4.jpgDark Matter Redux -- It begins!-fq-5.jpg
    Last edited by vinman; 19-07-2017 at 20:27.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    18-04-2019 @ 12:45
    CPU: i7-4770K @ 4GHZ
    M/B: MSI Z87 MPOWER ATX LGA1150
    RAM: 32GB (2 X Crucial 16GB Ballistix Elite (2 x 8GB) CAS 9, DDR3 1866 )
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Dual FTW ACX
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic XPS2 / 660W / 660 Platinum
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech ApogeeXL Water Block Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator EK DDC X-RES Top 140 with 3.2 Pump (PWM) Pump/Res Primochill LST 3/8x5/8" Tubing BitsPower Premium Black Matt Compression Fittings Cougar CF-V12HPB Fans Monsoon Silver Bullet
      • Monitor:
      • 3 x Asus VS247H-P 23.6"
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
      • System Name: Dark Matter Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rrccCJ BIOS Overclock to 4GHZ. Memory @ Stock Speed. Purely an amateur, built for HandBrake.
    Thanks
    Level completed: 81%,
    Points required for next Level: 118
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 0%

Thanks Vinnie. Sadly, as much as I love all three of them, I think I'm going to have to go with a D5 photon 170 with the Rad Mount. I don't have ANY 5.25" bays at all, unless I rejigger the upper RAD and fans (which is certainly an option...), so the DD and EK rez's are out, and the way that really cool Frozen Q mounts would require:

1. Picking up the radiator/fan mount brackets, which I can do, but: I'd have to mod the PSU cover, which means Dremel and likely disaster.

2. Drilling holes in the PSU cover....which would mean Drill and likely disaster.

3. Custom Fabbing a radiator/fan mount bracket that was lower profile...well, let's just say that that would also likely mean disaster...lol

4. Doing 1 or 2 and discarding the PSU cover...which just chaps my behind...so, not that.

I might be able to figure a way to mount the DD without putting the drive cage back in (or by modifying it)....****, back to the Dremel (e.g. Disaster).

<sigh>

Even the Photon is going to require some jiggering I think, especially to make the Fill port usable.

Thanks though. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun right? (helps if I keep telling myself that).

BTW, the PSU cover came in today, and It looks prety sharp sitting in there. How did you secure yours?

Thanks Sir!
    S.

Status

Last Online
    29-06-2019 @ 11:54
    CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770K
    M/B: MSI Z87 MPOWER
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • AirPlex 360 rad Airplex Pro 240 slim rad Swiftech MCP 655 Pump XSPC RAYSTORM CPU Water Block Monsoon Premium Modular 2 bay Reservoir
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gu3 View Post
    Thanks Vinnie. Sadly, as much as I love all three of them, I think I'm going to have to go with a D5 photon 170 with the Rad Mount. I don't have ANY 5.25" bays at all, unless I rejigger the upper RAD and fans (which is certainly an option...), so the DD and EK rez's are out, and the way that really cool Frozen Q mounts would require:

1. Picking up the radiator/fan mount brackets, which I can do, but: I'd have to mod the PSU cover, which means Dremel and likely disaster.

2. Drilling holes in the PSU cover....which would mean Drill and likely disaster.

3. Custom Fabbing a radiator/fan mount bracket that was lower profile...well, let's just say that that would also likely mean disaster...lol

4. Doing 1 or 2 and discarding the PSU cover...which just chaps my behind...so, not that.

I might be able to figure a way to mount the DD without putting the drive cage back in (or by modifying it)....****, back to the Dremel (e.g. Disaster).

<sigh>

Even the Photon is going to require some jiggering I think, especially to make the Fill port usable.

Thanks though. If it was easy, it wouldn't be fun right? (helps if I keep telling myself that).

BTW, the PSU cover came in today, and It looks pretty sharp sitting in there. How did you secure yours?

Thanks Sir!
    S.
    That's the same one I'm using in my build The D5 photon 170, I am not happy with the way it fills I had to add water through the one intake on the right that is now my drain tube
    it would not take water in from the top I held the tube higher then the res and added it that way trying from the top only it just would not go in quick enough like there was an air block created
    so I just left the top open and filled from the tube on the right which is an intake.

The shroud!
    I just carefully slid it in and it butted up against the motherboard tray just under all my connections and I left it that way

I am going to cut the shroud to fit and bypass the rad up front with a dremel and if it turns out ok I will post pictures with it back in
    I found a bit that will cut holes in the acrylic with no problem bought it at home depot its a forstner bit made by a company called Diablo I purchased the 3/4 inch
    it cuts fast and clean flat bottom hole bit I tested it out on the first one they sent me that came in damaged I will be using the dremel on the old one as well
    before I notch the good one so I don't screw up LOL
    Last edited by vinman; 20-07-2017 at 00:36.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech ApogeeXL Water Block Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator EK DDC X-RES Top 140 with 3.2 Pump (PWM) Pump/Res Primochill LST 3/8x5/8&quot; Tubing BitsPower Premium Black Matt Compression Fittings Cougar CF-V12HPB Fans Monsoon Silver Bullet
      • Monitor:
      • 3 x Asus VS247H-P 23.6&quot;
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
      • System Name: Dark Matter Build: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/rrccCJ BIOS Overclock to 4GHZ. Memory @ Stock Speed. Purely an amateur, built for HandBrake.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    That's the same one I'm using in my build The D5 photon 170, I am not happy with the way it fills I had to add water through the one intake on the right that is now my drain tube
    it would not take water in from the top I held the tube higher then the res and added it that way trying from the top only it just would not go in quick enough like there was an air block created
    so I just left the top open and filled from the tube on the right which is an intake.
    Yeah, I bet you're exactly right....when you fill from the top, the fluid goes in, but there's no place for the displaced air to go. I was looking at an MNPC Tech fill bottle that has a crazy small (and long) fill tube. I expect it would be small enough to go through the top port, and leave enough room for air evacuation. BUT, I'm not sure that would work with a hose and fitting up there...hmmm. Seems like the best way to fill it would be exactly what you did. What's really needed is a 2 port top. Then one could be fill, and one could be air valve. (like this: Bitspower )

Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    The shroud!
    I just carefully slid it in and it butted up against the motherboard tray just under all my connections and I left it that way

I am going to cut the shroud to fit and bypass the rad up front with a dremel and if it turns out ok I will post pictures with it back in
    I found a bit that will cut holes in the acrylic with no problem bought it at home depot its a forstner bit made by a company called Diablo I purchased the 3/4 inch
    it cuts fast and clean flat bottom hole bit I tested it out on the first one they sent me that came in damaged I will be using the dremel on the old one as well
    before I notch the good one so I don't screw up LOL
    I've got a couple of Diablo blades for my Miter Saw, I love them. Good plan! That opens up options for adding multiple pass thru holes as well...good stuff (and good luck!)

Scott

So, now I'm looking at that dual ported res cap, and I'm considering a Bitspower res....with this But then I have to build out the whole res/pump/top/etc. <sigh>.
    Last edited by Gu3; 20-07-2017 at 09:33.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech ApogeeXL Water Block Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper Slim Profile Dual 120mm Radiator EK DDC X-RES Top 140 with 3.2 Pump (PWM) Pump/Res Primochill LST 3/8x5/8&quot; Tubing BitsPower Premium Black Matt Compression Fittings Cougar CF-V12HPB Fans Monsoon Silver Bullet
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

OK Vinnie,

How does this sound?

Bitspower Res/Pump Top Combo with 3 port res lid: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3GO5VFCNOM5I7

Bitspower Pump D5 Mod Top: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A3GO5VFCNOM5I7

Bitspower D5/MCP655 Mod Kit V2: https://www.amazon.com/Bitspower-MCP...MCP655+Mod+Kit

PrimoChill D5 PWM: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A15YNZR7YB053N

Singularity Computers Core Mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=AVGUSX8EUG9VS

I'm not sure the Mod Kit V2 is necessary, but looking at the Mod Top, I'm not sure how the Pump would secure in there otherwise.

I can't find a dual/triple port lid for the EK Pump/Res Combo, or I'd just go with that (and save lots of money).

Suggestions?

S

p.s. It's possible that the Bitspower Z-CAP II would fit the EK Res (they're both 60mm)...http://www.frozencpu.com/products/18...-BK.html#blank and that's only a $13 upgrade to the EK XRes.

Status

Last Online
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

This is what I would recommend for res pump combo its what I am using right now.
    the res will spin on the bracket which helps with alignment of holes when routing tubes
    two in one out at the bottom. The hole at the top expels air and can only be used for that or slow filling
    I have two rads running off this res pump combo, and still have an intake free at the bottom that I have set up as a drain.

Dark Matter Redux -- It begins!-1.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/XSPC-Photon-R...radiator+mount
    Last edited by vinman; 25-07-2017 at 00:13.

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Vinnie,

Thanks! That res was my original plan, but based on your fill experiences and the relative minimum space available in that R5, I want more than the 1 port at the top of the reservoir, and XSPC doesn't seem to offer a top for this combo with multiple ports. Hence my interest in the BitsPower one. I take your point at spinning the res on the bracket. And the price of the photon is MUCH cheaper than the BitsPower assembly....but....<sigh>.

Still thinking.

S

Status

Last Online
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

How is this two top and two bottom with pump you can configure it with any color and size you like

Dark Matter Redux -- It begins!-pump-res.jpg

http://www.frozenqshop.com/lfx-reservoir-system/

LFX Reservoir System 160mm w/ Pump Mount - FrozenQ PC Tech

9. The following user thanks vinman For this above post:

Gu3 (26-07-2017)

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Oh, I LIKE those. 160 would be just about perfect I think. Pricing looks good too.

Hmmmm.....thanks Vinnie, good find.

S

Status

Last Online
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Yep I am sorry I did not see this earlier I would have purchased this for myself
    configured with the cap pump and color choices $154 is a good price

Gu3

Status

Last Online
    • Gu3's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Monitor:
      • Linux Mint 18.1
      • Misc:
    Thanks

I picked up the 160mm Res with Pump Top, and in anodized black and with a frosted center tube. I decided to order the Singularity Computers reservoir mount and an Primochill Enhanced D5 PWM to go with it. I think I'm close now, just need a valve or two, probably some more tubing, and a few hours of effort to get this thing up and running!

Woot.

S.

Status

Last Online
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • Cooling:
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
    Thanks

Awesome take your time don't rush it!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links