22-08-2017 @ 22:03
    Thanks
    Level completed: 91%,
    Points required for next Level: 65
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Default later than sooner

so after reading all i could find with liquid coolers there are 3 things i need to get hashed out
    from what i understand a liquid cooled system will leak sooner or later. the question is how long till the event.

1) wich type of connection is guarenteed to go leak free for the longest time
    2) what is the pump that moves the most volume
    3) what is the best radiator ( material, disapation design, and size are my main focus . going with the thought biggest is not always best)

there are lots of reviews, but id like yalls personal opinion & experiance on each part.
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

Banned

Status

Last Online
    19-07-2013 @ 23:39
    Thanks
    Level completed: 14%,
    Points required for next Level: 430
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

Default Re: later than sooner

Why must it leak at all? I've been in WaCo a few years and never had a leak occur in a running machine. I make that specification because I did have one rotary elbow fitting leak during testing. Replaced it, moved on, no other leaks. Ever.

My advice for the least risk would be to:
    1) use compression fittings, not barbs
    2) avoid fittings with joints (swivels, rotaries, etc)
    3) use tubing with 1/8" thick walls, not that thin 1/16" stuff
    4) test the loop for two days, upsidedown, on a large glass/mirror surface, with plenty of light, and do NOT smoke near it

D5 is a trustworthy pump. DDC comes in right behind it. Want a bigger pump? Iwaki RD-30. Just make sure you mount the Iwaki in your barn, or your neighbor's shed, or a comparable distance of at least 1200m from your sleeping room.

Best radiator materials are brass and copper. Copper fins are superior to aluminum fins, but aluminum fins are acceptable, and cheaper.
    All radiators suffer from dissipation "blind spots", known as deadzones. I don't know of any configuration that defeats deadzones. They'll exist no matter what rad you buy, so they don't warrant any special consideration.

As for radiator sizes, need more details. What case will you use? What are you going to cool?

Status

Last Online
    22-08-2017 @ 22:03
    Thanks
    Level completed: 91%,
    Points required for next Level: 65
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 65

Default Re: later than sooner

actually i am seriously considering integrating it into my desk. yeah seriously.

i do not want anyone to have the ability to pick up my PC and walk out the door with it.
    i've spent many many years acumulating pieces one by one to create a PC. i can only aford one piece every once in a while.
    of a truth she aint much, yall would puke with laughter if you found out what i have.

so if i integrate it into my desk i can not only make sure it is (VERY) stationary, but i can,,,,,, well,,lets just say no one is going to touch it but me.
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links