motherboards
Arctic
Arctic Feezer 7x
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: bad refresh rate

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Status
    calemus is offline

    Last Online
    22-08-2017 @ 22:03
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Points: 11,185, Level: 31
    Points: 11,185, Level: 31
    Level completed: 91%,
    Points required for next Level: 65
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    Default bad refresh rate

    so i picked up one of these
    Coby TFTV3247 (TFTV3247) LCD TV - Coby HDTV TVs, HDTV Monitors

    the item is suposed to be a 120 hz refresh rate
    i am getting the option of 30, or 60 hz refresh rate and nothing higher

    any1 know how to fix this?
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is offline

    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 11:01
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    5,362
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k
    M/B: ASRock X99 WS
    RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
    GPU: 2 R9-290s Xfire
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Urban T81
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent 350w
      • Cooling:
      • Custom H20, Ek blocks for CPU and GPUs
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • Dual 24"
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • White LED lighting
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 663 Posts
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Level completed: 78%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    Quote Originally Posted by calemus View Post
    so i picked up one of these
    Coby TFTV3247 (TFTV3247) LCD TV - Coby HDTV TVs, HDTV Monitors

    the item is suposed to be a 120 hz refresh rate
    i am getting the option of 30, or 60 hz refresh rate and nothing higher

    any1 know how to fix this?

    Are you using HDMI or DVI? Hooked to PC or Cable box?
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  3. #3
    Regular Member

    Status
    calemus is offline

    Last Online
    22-08-2017 @ 22:03
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,230
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 82 Times in 79 Posts
    Points: 11,185, Level: 31
    Points: 11,185, Level: 31
    Level completed: 91%,
    Points required for next Level: 65
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 65
    Overall activity: 99.2%
    Overall activity: 99.2%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    hdmi, dvi is not an option with the moniter
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

  4. #4
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is offline

    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 11:01
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    5,362
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k
    M/B: ASRock X99 WS
    RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
    GPU: 2 R9-290s Xfire
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Urban T81
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent 350w
      • Cooling:
      • Custom H20, Ek blocks for CPU and GPUs
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • Dual 24"
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • White LED lighting
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 663 Posts
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Level completed: 78%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    Quote Originally Posted by calemus View Post
    hdmi, dvi is not an option with the moniter

    You can do DVI to HDMi with an Adapter. That is why I ask. Heck you could be using VGA for all I know. You keep saying monitor so I guessing you have it connected to a PC and not a cable box. What GPU are you using? Are you on the desktop and checking to refresh rate? Or in a game that supports 120hz? Is V-sync on or off?
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  5. #5
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is offline

    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 11:01
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    5,362
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k
    M/B: ASRock X99 WS
    RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
    GPU: 2 R9-290s Xfire
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Urban T81
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent 350w
      • Cooling:
      • Custom H20, Ek blocks for CPU and GPUs
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • Dual 24"
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • White LED lighting
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 663 Posts
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Level completed: 78%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    Nevermind. The 120hz for that TV is internal for motion interpolation. Does not support 120hz from an external source such as your PC because of the dot clocks. Your only option is to try to overclock your refresh rate.

    Here are some links to software that will help you try it. all GUI based.

    If you have an Nvida card you can use the Nvida Control panel to create a custom resolution

    Custom Res tool
    Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

    PowerStrip
    EnTech Taiwan | Utilities | PowerStrip

    And if all else fails you can try this. I have no idea how it will react to your PC or monitor so do at your own risk.

    Or Manual EDID override. This is the hardest method. If you need to get familiar with how EDID overrides are installed (e.g. 3D Vision Blog Instructions (different purpose), Microsoft technical info).
    (a) Download one of the 1080p@120Hz files (1080p@120Hz EDID Overrides in this thread). This allows your HDTV to masquerade as a 120 Hz computer monitor, allowing your graphic card to send 120 Hz into your HDTV. Then you can see if the display successfully displays it!
    (b) To install an EDID Override, download the file, then right-click this INF file in File Explorer and select “Install”. This is a one-time step, even for future HDTV’s. An example good EDID override is the ASUS VG278H EDID override INF file. This will attempt to make your HDTV “masquerade” as an ASUS 120Hz computer monitor.
    (c) Next, go to Device Manager and right-click your monitor, select “Update Driver Software”, then “Browser my computer…”, then “Let me pick…”, then disable “Show compatible hardware”, then select the “EDID Override” from manufacturer ASUS (even if you don’t have ASUS), and then reboot. Repeat this step every time you reconnect an HDTV to a new input, or to a new HDTV.
    (d) IMPORTANT! (Windows 8 specific): If you’re installing under Windows 8, follow these instructions to disable driver signature enforcement before installing this INF file. The INF file is installed via right-clicking the monitor in Control Panel -> Device Manager, and updating its driver.
    (e) Finally, Control Panel will now unlock the 120 Hz refresh rate.
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  6. The following users thank 2 For this above post:

    calemus (27-02-2014), Smiki007 (27-02-2014)

  7. #6
    Moderator

    Status
    Smiki007 is offline

    Last Online
    09-07-2020 @ 13:21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    2,442
    CPU: ThreadRipper 2950X @4.1Ghz
    M/B: MSI Meg X399 Creation
    RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000
    GPU: 2x Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1600W 80+ G2
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • OS:
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 299 Times in 267 Posts
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberburnout View Post
    Nevermind. The 120hz for that TV is internal for motion interpolation. Does not support 120hz from an external source such as your PC because of the dot clocks. Your only option is to try to overclock your refresh rate.

    Here are some links to software that will help you try it. all GUI based.

    If you have an Nvida card you can use the Nvida Control panel to create a custom resolution

    Custom Res tool
    Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

    PowerStrip
    EnTech Taiwan | Utilities | PowerStrip

    And if all else fails you can try this. I have no idea how it will react to your PC or monitor so do at your own risk.

    Or Manual EDID override. This is the hardest method. If you need to get familiar with how EDID overrides are installed (e.g. 3D Vision Blog Instructions (different purpose), Microsoft technical info).
    (a) Download one of the 1080p@120Hz files (1080p@120Hz EDID Overrides in this thread). This allows your HDTV to masquerade as a 120 Hz computer monitor, allowing your graphic card to send 120 Hz into your HDTV. Then you can see if the display successfully displays it!
    (b) To install an EDID Override, download the file, then right-click this INF file in File Explorer and select “Install”. This is a one-time step, even for future HDTV’s. An example good EDID override is the ASUS VG278H EDID override INF file. This will attempt to make your HDTV “masquerade” as an ASUS 120Hz computer monitor.
    (c) Next, go to Device Manager and right-click your monitor, select “Update Driver Software”, then “Browser my computer…”, then “Let me pick…”, then disable “Show compatible hardware”, then select the “EDID Override” from manufacturer ASUS (even if you don’t have ASUS), and then reboot. Repeat this step every time you reconnect an HDTV to a new input, or to a new HDTV.
    (d) IMPORTANT! (Windows 8 specific): If you’re installing under Windows 8, follow these instructions to disable driver signature enforcement before installing this INF file. The INF file is installed via right-clicking the monitor in Control Panel -> Device Manager, and updating its driver.
    (e) Finally, Control Panel will now unlock the 120 Hz refresh rate.
    Thanks Sandy,
    will try this on my 40" Sony SMART HDTV to see if it gonna work. If does... GREAT, if not.... well... go back to ASUS 27" monitor (120Hz) no big deal.

    Always look beyond the limits...

  8. #7
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is offline

    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 11:01
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    5,362
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k
    M/B: ASRock X99 WS
    RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
    GPU: 2 R9-290s Xfire
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Urban T81
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent 350w
      • Cooling:
      • Custom H20, Ek blocks for CPU and GPUs
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • Dual 24"
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • White LED lighting
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 663 Posts
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Level completed: 78%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

    Default Re: bad refresh rate

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiki007 View Post
    Thanks Sandy,
    will try this on my 40" Sony SMART HDTV to see if it gonna work. If does... GREAT, if not.... well... go back to ASUS 27" monitor (120Hz) no big deal.

    Good luck and report back if it worked. What you used ect so we all know for future purposes.

    thanks
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Moniter refresh rate.
    By Yblad in forum Monitors
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 29-09-2007, 15:57
  2. AMD to refresh HD 2400 and 2600 in January
    By News Team in forum Hardware News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 07:02
  3. Xbox 360 refresh coming?
    By News Team in forum Hardware News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28-03-2007, 11:20
  4. Xbox 360 refresh coming?
    By News Team in forum Hardware News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-03-2007, 11:34
  5. max refresh rate at 2048 x 1536 on a...
    By redacidjack in forum Graphics Cards
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-10-2006, 16:16

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search tags.
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread