After months of procrastination, I'm almost ready to start assembling my first computer build. However, I still have a few parts to choose and would like some feedback from a more knowledgable source. This PC will be primarily used for gaming, programming, and maybe a little video editing. My budget is roughly $1,000 to $1,500.
Here are my components so far:
As far as I know, all I need now is a PSU and some fans. The case I'm planning on using is from an older machine, but I'm sticking with it because it's big and durable (although, argueably a bit ugly). The case's form factor is ATX, and measures 19" x 8" x 17". Regarding fans, it appears to have two in it already. I can supply pictures of the case if needed. I plan on using the SDD as a boot drive for the operating system, some games, and some other programs. Then, the HDD will be used for storage of everything else. I already have a mouse, keyboard and monitor.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge Quad Core 3.4GHz
- Motherboard: MSI Z77A-GD65
- Graphics Card: GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD 7870
- RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB(2x4G DDR3
- HDD/s: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB
- SDD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
- Optical Drive: ASUS Model DRW-24B1ST
- Wi-fi Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN822N (USB, however, I'll probably connect directly to the router via an Ethernet cable)
Here are my questions:
One last thing to note. I will plan on doing a little overclocking in the future, so that'd probably effect what kind of PSU I'll need. I hope I've given enough information. Otherwise, I can post whatever you want to know. Ideally, all the parts will be ordered by next monday or tuesday (16th or 17th) so that I can assemble the rig over Christmas break (week after next week), and if I'm lucky, get a day or two of gaming in. Your responses are much appreciated!
- Is this a good build, or are their some adjustments I should make?
- What PSU should I get?
- What kind of fans should I get and how many?
- Is there anything else I'm forgetting / advice you can give me?