• Cooling:
      • Corsair H100i
      • Sound:
      • On Board SB output to a Pioneer VSX906S Reciever
      • Monitor:
      • Sharp 32Inch lcd
      • Windows 7 Home Premium sp1
      • Misc:
      • Lite on Blue Ray MADCATZ S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Keyboard MIONIX NAOS 7000 Transcend 128 gig SSD
    Thanks
    Level completed: 34%,
    Points required for next Level: 599
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 599
    Overall activity: 82.0%
    Overall activity: 82.0%

Default AMD to Host Core Innovation Update News Conference

SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 21, 2014) - AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced that it will host the "AMD Core Innovation Update" news conference in San Francisco on May 5, commencing at 9:00 a.m. PDT. The news conference is for invited attendees; however a real-time audio and video webcast of the presentation can be accessed on the AMD Investor Relations home page: http://ir.amd.com.
    A replay of the webcast can be accessed approximately 24 hours after the conclusion of the live event and will be available for 30 days after the conference.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/amd-ho...201500000.html

2. The following user thanks xelosia For this above post:

Mgutierrez33 (23-04-2014)

Status

Last Online
    Today @ 12:47
    CPU: AMD FX8320 at 4.8ghz
    M/B: Gigibyte GA990fx-UD5
    RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Predator 2133mhz
    GPU: 3x Sapphire 7950 Dual-x 3GB
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • INWin Commander II 1200w
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks
    Level completed: 5%,
    Points required for next Level: 861
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 861
    Overall activity: 99.7%

Default Re: AMD to Host Core Innovation Update News Conference

Hopefully it is something worth hearing.
    "If you got it, Build it"

A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

4. The following user thanks Cyberburnout For this above post:

Mgutierrez33 (24-04-2014)

Status

Last Online
    Today @ 00:41
    CPU: AMD FX-8350, 4.7 GHz
    M/B: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
    RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Low Voltage @ 2133 MHz
    GPU: Powercolor AXR9 280X TurboDuo (1100 MHz core, 1600 MHz memory)
    • Mgutierrez33's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair Graphite 760T
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design Newton 800W 80 Plus Platinum PSU
      • Cooling:
      • Cooler Master Glacer 240L
      • Monitor:
      • AOC 2251swdn
      • Windows 7 Ultimate, SP1
      • Misc:
      • Silverstone PP07 white cable extensions
    Thanks
    Level completed: 76%,
    Points required for next Level: 121
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 121
    Overall activity: 63.0%
    Overall activity: 63.0%

Yeah I would LOVE to hear that they have finally developed either a successor to the AM3+ socket, or that they at LEAST have a SHIELD-style handheld that works with AMD cards... main reason I say that is because the emphasis on this announcement seems to be based on something "small." This means it can't be GPU-based news since they aren't getting the 20nm process this year (and MIGHT get it next year) for their GPU's, and there's been a lot of mobile tech that they have demo'd in "proof of concept" form in previous tech shows (I recall a gaming tablet similar to the Razer Edge that was powered entirely by AMD hardware). They COULD discuss an enthusiast chip based on Steamroller that would work on a refreshed AM3+ socket that hopefully has in-built north bridge functionality on-die... that way they could fix their ****ed memory bandwidth capability and free up some real-estate on the boards for beefier VRM's, better heat sink designs and better design continuity among motherboard manufacturer's (example: the 990FX Sabertooth board looks bad compared to the Intel version, which gets that fancy Thermal Armor to keep it matching literally everything).

That's just my speculation though since that's where I see AMD as lacking at present. Their APU's and the FM2+ socket are fine at the moment (the platform just needs to mature a bit more and get better software that can leverage HSA), their mobile platforms are pretty strong... MAYBE their server chips could stand to get some more power and efficiency to compete more readily with Intel, but even then those product lineups are just fine.

Status

Last Online
    Today @ 12:47
    CPU: AMD FX8320 at 4.8ghz
    M/B: Gigibyte GA990fx-UD5
    RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Predator 2133mhz
    GPU: 3x Sapphire 7950 Dual-x 3GB
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • INWin Commander II 1200w
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks
    Level completed: 5%,
    Points required for next Level: 861
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 861

Quote Originally Posted by Mgutierrez33 View Post
    Yeah I would LOVE to hear that they have finally developed either a successor to the AM3+ socket, or that they at LEAST have a SHIELD-style handheld that works with AMD cards... main reason I say that is because the emphasis on this announcement seems to be based on something "small." This means it can't be GPU-based news since they aren't getting the 20nm process this year (and MIGHT get it next year) for their GPU's, and there's been a lot of mobile tech that they have demo'd in "proof of concept" form in previous tech shows (I recall a gaming tablet similar to the Razer Edge that was powered entirely by AMD hardware). They COULD discuss an enthusiast chip based on Steamroller that would work on a refreshed AM3+ socket that hopefully has in-built north bridge functionality on-die... that way they could fix their ****ed memory bandwidth capability and free up some real-estate on the boards for beefier VRM's, better heat sink designs and better design continuity among motherboard manufacturer's (example: the 990FX Sabertooth board looks bad compared to the Intel version, which gets that fancy Thermal Armor to keep it matching literally everything).

That's just my speculation though since that's where I see AMD as lacking at present. Their APU's and the FM2+ socket are fine at the moment (the platform just needs to mature a bit more and get better software that can leverage HSA), their mobile platforms are pretty strong... MAYBE their server chips could stand to get some more power and efficiency to compete more readily with Intel, but even then those product lineups are just fine.

Day Dreaming again Mike?

GPU stuff is released during the GPU conference. 20nm was based on TSMC but AMD just bough more production space from Global Foundries so they could be pulling 20nm for TSMC due to continuous problems they seem to have. Or pushing Finfet up the schedule. Doubtful but you never know. So nope. AMD doesnt build ANY end user tablets, handhelds, notebooks or any other device. They let OEMs do that. So Nope to the handheld. Replacement for AM3+? I wouldn't expect any word on that until the end of this year. Right before Tape Out begins. Would be odd to speak on new CPU tech a full year before release. So this is really doubtful as well. Besides Steamroller well never see the light of day in a performance CPU. It has already missed its production cycle. I honestly think AMD went back to the drawing board for Performance cores. Remember right before they announced the death of steamroller for AM3+ AMD hired a ass ton of engineering talent. AMD3+ will be dead soon. The integration of the northbridge is coming. Next Gen CPU with DDR4 support.

So that leaves use a few options. AMD could be releasing the rest of the APUs in the current FM2+ lineup. There are currently only 2 Kaveri APUs out right now. There is a really good chance of this being the part of the discussion.

The other option is a AM3+ refresh. Not sure if you noticed but the 8320 and 8350 prices have been pretty low lately. The 8320 was $129 a few days this week. Lots of Sales over the last few weeks. MC had the 8350 for $159 with a free board. That looks like a shelf space clearance to me. Odds are still kind of low but it is possible. Just some tweaks and clock speed increases to keep AMD fans happy.

The day this is happening just dawned on me. This is exactly 1 week before another big product announcement by another company. This could actually be a really big announcement by AMD. Like a new chipset. Now Im really curious to what they are doing.
    "If you got it, Build it"

A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

+ Reply to Thread

Ads