taken from amd website :
- AMD's Mantle is a groundbreaking graphics API that promises to transform the world of game development to help bring better, faster games to the PC
- Performance gain of up to 45%(versus the DirectX version) for Battlefield 4 on the R9 290 Series
- Performance gain of up to 200% (versus the DirectX version) for Star Swarm on the R9 290 Series
- AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta must be used in conjunction with versions of these applications that support Mantle
- It is expected that these applications will have future updates to support additional AMD Mantle features
- AMD Mantle Beta driver is currently supported on:
- AMD Radeon™ R9 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ R7 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series GPUs
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series GPUs
- AMD A10-7000 Series and AMD A8-7000 Series APUs
- For additional details please see the AMD Mantle Technology FAQ on amd.com
- Enhanced AMD CrossFire frame pacing – Support for 4K panel and Eyefinity non-XDMA CrossFire solutions (including the AMD Radeon R9 280, 270 Series, 7900 Series, 7800 Series) and Dual Graphics configurations
- Frame pacing ensures that frames rendered across multiple GPUs in an AMD CrossFire configuration will be displayed at an even and regular pace
- Supported on 4K panels and Eyefinity configurations
- Supported on AMD Dual Graphics configurations
- Supported on DirectX® 10 and DirectX 11 applications
dude thats a LOT of seriously impressive stuff for a first time beta driver?!?!?
nvidia had best pull a LOT of rabitts out of thier hat for this!!!
is there ever any benifit to running an AMD - FX processor with AMD video cards??? or is it only APU's that get a benifit?