Hellow Fellows well im goign to Explain you how yo Unlock the Bios of the HD 5850 with the ASUS Bios in Single and CrossFire MOde hope you like it
First you need the ASUS Bios
techPowerUp! :: VGA Bios Collection: Asus HD 5850 1024 MB
And Then the AtiFlash
Download ATIFlash 3.99 | techPowerUp
and then The HP Disk Utilty you can find it on Google is easy
and then the BOOT Files
hpusbfw_bootfiles.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
Note: Make a backup of your original BIOS using GP-Z
- Plug in the USB drive that you want to use.
- Install and run HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool.
- Select the USB Drive. In the "File system" drop down box, pick FAT32. Tick "Quick Format". Tick "Create a DOS startup disk, using DOS system files located at and click the "..." and direct it to the BOOTFILES folder you made.
- Click start.
- Once that's done, copy the ATI Flash and ASUS BIOS into the USB drive.
- Restart your PC and boot from the USB Flash drive.
- Once it's booted in type
- atiflash -i
- it will open a section with the information of your card or cards that will say the Bios version and name that is Cypress then type
- atiflash -p 0 "Bios.rom or .bin" with out the "" and if it gives you an error type atiflash -p 0 -f "Bios.rom or .bin" without the "" after it will tell you that the Bios is Flashed this is for Single HD 5850
If you are goign to Flash in Crossfire Dont get out of the Flashing you have to continue in the System just click enter and jump the space that all and the lets start
2 For CrossFire USERS:
After Flashing the First card with the comand atiflash -p 0 Bios.rom or .bin or the atiflash -p 0 -f Bios.rom or .bin dont get out of where you are just type
atiflash -p 1 Bios.rom or bin and if give you an error type atiflash -p 1 -f bios.rom or .bin then that you dotn see any error is finish... restart your pc and log in your windows and unistall the AMD Drivers and Reinstall it again and thats all in this way you dotn need to be flashing 1 at 1 card you can do it at the same time have a good time hope you like it i did this on my 2 XFX HD 5850 1GB hope you like guys have a good day