Let’s face it. Smaller technology sometimes scares us overclockers! I see my behemoth tower that’s as tall as my desk from the floor, and I wonder if the day will come if that tower is much smaller. The truth is, that is a very real possibility, especially with much of this mobile and small form factor technology today. The plug to overclocking is being pulled so that the consumers are stuck with exactly what they got. But have no fear, Overclockers! G.Skill has come to our rescue by showing us that smaller tech doesn’t mean smaller tweaks. Today, G.Skill just announced that its Ripjaws SO-DIMM 2133 MHz DDR3 memory was overclocked to an astounding 2600 MHz! Even if those DIMMs where full size DDR3, that would be an impressive overclock, but this is laptop memory! If that wasn’t enough, this overclock was achieved in ASRock’s barebones system, the “M8.” We’re not talking about a wind tunnel here. We’re talking about a tiny flat box that’s barely thicker than a tablet! While I might be exaggerating the size a bit, the point is well made that even if form factors permanently get smaller, overclocking isn’t going anywhere. I don’t see my giant tower going anywhere either in all reality, but as long as manufacturers are willing to give us the option, we’ll be more than willing to find the best ways to get the most out of any hardware we get our hands on. If you still don’t believe me, just do a search for a liquid cooled raspberry pi! Written by JoshJ Source: G.Skill

Read the story in full here...