How do you make a great product better? Sometimes companies can redesign a product to squeeze every ounce of performance out of a design, release an updated model, then call it good. Or, a company can simply add a feature that makes an already great product even better. That’s exactly what we have today because NZXT just announced the release of the Kraken X41, x61 and the Grid+ that are all compatible with their new CAM software. As an enthusiast, nothing excites me more than writing about CPU cooling. This makes the release of new AIO coolers from NZXT all the more exciting, especially since the Kraken x60 had such a huge reputation. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be any huge design changes with either loop. You still have a 140mm and 280mm rad with what looks to be the same power pump. On the other hand, NZXT did make some minor improvements that sound pretty good. The pump now has integrated speed control allowing the user to easily tone down the RPMs for quieter operation. This is great since controlling pump speed off a fan header isn’t the best and this can save a valuable connection on the fan controller. They also improved the fans to give a little better air flow but only the reviews will prove if these fans have better static pressure for the radiator. Combine all these features with the ability to control and monitor everything through the new CAM software and what you have is a system that you can monitor from anywhere anytime if you want to. The Grid+ does much of the same with minor improvements to the original Grid. While the Grid+ only has 6 channels compared to the originals 10, the digital control is what sets this hub apart. Especially if you’re the type who likes to have fans on both the front and back of a radiator, all while keeping them automatically adjusting to CPU temperatures, then a motherboard will quickly run out of headers to run fans off of and most fan controllers can’t be set to increase RPMs as the core temp goes up. With the Grid+ integrated into the CAM software, the program can monitor the temps and automatically adjust 6 fans on a 360mm radiator all while running off of the hub, rather than your motherboard fan headers. Pretty awesome feature for those of us who like to set things up and not have to touch it again. Honestly, at first I was having trouble seeing the value here, but as I looked more into what was being offered, I started seeing that NZXT did a great job of filling some major gaps in the AIO and custom liquid cooling loop markets. Whether you have a system running 24/7 crunching data and want to know immediately if something goes wrong, or whether you’re an overclocking enthusiast with a massive 360mm radiator and 6 fans, NZXT has given some products that can help you improve your computing experience. Overall, I have to say that this is a solid release from NZXT and I hope to see more improvements down the road from them. http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/145 http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/147 http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/148

Read the story in full here...