It finally has a name…. At this past Computex in Taipei, Be Quiet! surprised many of us by showing off a custom design case. Nice clean lines, angled top cover, smooth front surface, matte black paint job with a bright contrasting orange trim and out cropped feet, did wonders for creating a bit of buzz. The case with no name would be their introduction into the already crowded and competitive chassis market. This is a divergence from Be Quiet!’s bread and butter, performance fans and power supplies with whisper quiet operation. We should have been expecting Be Quiet to join in the fray as noise reduction among enthusiast reaches epic importance, what better way to start a silent system other then the body that will hold everything else. There has been some speculation on the naming of this mystery chassis based on Be Quiet!’s previous products such as the Shadow Rock, Dark Rock, Dark Power, Silent Wing and Shadow Wing, true to form, Be Quiet! drops the name right in the middle of their naming convention, “Silent Base 800″. Why Silent Base 800? I would guess that it is silent, past that I have no clue. Guess we will have to wait until October, the expected release date, to find out more. What we do know is that it will be available in Black/Black, Black/Silver and Black/Orange (Just in time for Halloween). Surprisingly there is no mention of a Black/Red affair to coordinate with the vast majority of boards sold today. I leave you to check out these new shots from Be Quiet! Black/Silver Black/Orange Black/Black       Love that the HDD cage and Cable routing matches the trim color. We look forward to getting a closer look at this chassis in October.

Read the story in full here...