Arctic

Thread: DEEPCOOL Launches Upgraded Captain EX Series

i'm a bot and you're not

Status

Last Online
    16-03-2007 @ 21:04
    Thanks

Default DEEPCOOL Launches Upgraded Captain EX Series

Liquid cooling is becoming a monster in the enthusiast realm. The good news is that we’ve seen some incredible innovations in the industry. The bad news is we’ve seen a bunch of copy cats and units that exist for the sake of existing. Thankfully, DEEPCOOL takes the closed-loop unit and makes it look like a gamer’s dream come true. The first Captain series had the perfect pump/block design, but opted for the corrugated tubing which took away from some of the visual flair it had. Now, DEEPCOOL has upgraded the Captain series with the EX suffix bringing some notable changes. The most welcome change is the braided sleeving on the tubes getting rid of that clunky corrugated look. Considering we have a nuclear reactor (some prefer the term “steam punk”) sitting on the CPU, the braided sleeving compliments the unit far better than before. On top of that, DEEPCOOL upgraded the fans to their Gamer Storm Series with the double blade. While the double blade may not add a significant performance benefit, it does add a significant aesthetic benefit. This continues to compliment the design of the rest of the unit and makes the Captain EX series stand out in comparison to any other CLC unit. On the flip side, the aluminum radiator and average looking pump strength are things that keep CLCs from performing on the level of custom loops. While the Captain EX series looks great, it’s bound to perform on a close level to other similar units. Overall, I really like the changes that DEEPCOOL has done to the Captain EX series. While I wouldn’t look to these type of units for raw performance, I still think CLCs fit into an excellent niche that gives the user some decent overclocking room, while making installation a breeze. Where the Captain EX excels, is by giving your build a unique look that no other CLC comes close to achieving. The steam punk pump with the Gamer Storm fans create an amazing aesthetic that I’d love to see in one of my builds someday. Check out the units from the links below and expect these units to be hitting online retailers soon. http://www.deepcool.com/product/game...1/6_4661.shtml http://www.deepcool.com/product/game...1/6_4660.shtml http://www.deepcool.com/product/game...1/6_4659.shtml http://www.deepcool.com/index.shtml

Read the story in full here...

2. The following users thank 2 For this above post:

mrcapncaveman (09-04-2016), Smiki007 (12-04-2016)

Status

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 14:46
    CPU: ThreadRipper 2950X @4.1Ghz
    M/B: MSI Meg X399 Creation
    RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000
    GPU: 2x Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1600W 80+ G2
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks
    Level completed: 86%,
    Points required for next Level: 283
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

Default Re: DEEPCOOL Launches Upgraded Captain EX Series

This unit looks absolutely great, I really like it.

Always look beyond the limits...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links