motherboards

Thread: Corsair One Shakes Up PC Gaming

i'm a bot and you're not

Status

Last Online
    16-03-2007 @ 21:04
    Thanks

Default Corsair One Shakes Up PC Gaming

Corsair is releasing a fully built gaming PC? Let me go over to Newegg and see how much cheaper it would
    be if I built it my….. Huh.

Normally, we don’t cover pre-built systems because we believe in the rewarding experience of building our*own. While that never changes, there are times that a fully built system can catch our eyes though. Let’s face it, occasions arrive where we need to recommend a good pre-built system, or even want something compact to use in place of carrying our main rigs to things like LAN parties. What really surprised me was the fact that I could MAYBE match the price of this Corsair One system if I built it myself.

Corsair One Shakes Up PC Gaming-corsair-one-hero1.png

While I’ll list the full details in the press release below, I mainly want to cover the specs of the base system. The MSRP starts at $1,799.99 and here’s what you end up with. The processor is the locked version of the 7700, but it still has a 240mm Corsair cooler on it. Of course you can expect Corsair Vengeance for the RAM and a Corsair PSU, but they also include one of their Force 240 GB SSDs. There’s also a terabyte HDD for additional storage. The big bonus is the fact that this system includes a solid gaming graphics card in the form of a GTX 1070. When the marketing claims VR ready, they mean that in a solid way.

Corsair One Shakes Up PC Gaming-corsair-one-hero2.jpg

At this point, when I was mirroring these components on a Newegg list, I was having a hard time matching the MSRP that Corsair is offering in the One series. When you top off the final product with an excellent looking, small form factor case as well, the chosen “One” is basically impossible to beat. The biggest surprise is that it’s taken this long to see something like this in the market, but when you consider that Corsair is about the only company who can pull this off (considering their wide array of components), it sort of makes sense. Personally, I won’t be trading my experience of building my own systems with something pre-built, but if a friend or family member was considering an Alienware, I’d gently nudge them in the direction of the One series.

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/company...c-from-corsair

Battle, Create or Explore; this is the ONE.

FREMONT, CA – March23rd, 2017 – Corsair®, a world leader in enthusiast memory, high-performance gaming hardware and PC components, today proudly announced its first fully built gaming PC, the CORSAIR ONE. Designed to deliver premium PC performance in an incredibly small package, CORSAIR ONE brings together decades of CORSAIR memory, cooling, power supply, and chassis engineering with the latest in cutting edge PC hardware to create a PC unlike anything else available.

Powered by the latest 7th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors, the Intel® 200 Series chipset and an NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 or GTX 1070 graphics card, CORSAIR ONE wields the performance of a top-end full-size PC, contained in a system that’s small enough to fit into any desktop, living room or VR setup. Quiet, compact, and with the performance of full-size desktop PC, this is the ONE.

“With over 22 years powering the world’s best PCs, we knew now was the right time to bring together all our knowledge to create a truly exceptional PC” said Andy Paul, CORSAIR CEO and founder. “CORSAIR ONE is the result — unbelievably compact, quiet and with incredible performance, it changes what people will expect from a high-end PC.”

From its milled aluminum exterior to subtle blue integrated lighting, CORSAIR ONE changes what PC enthusiasts should expect from a pre-built gaming PC. Every part has been specifically designed and selected to fit the high-end hardware and cooling of a full-size desktop PC into an incredibly compact system that’s only 12L in volume. Measuring just 200mm x 176mm x 380mm (7.87in x 6.92in x 14.96in), CORSAIR ONE fits perfectly onto a gaming desktop, performance workstation or Premium VR showcase, delivering high-end performance with a minimal footprint.

Thanks to an integrated liquid-cooling system, CORSAIR ONE is designed to balance power with extremely quiet operation, even at full load. A revolutionary assisted convection cooling system draws air through a pair of passive 240mm radiators*, combining liquid-cooling with a CORSAIR magnetic levitation ML-140 fan to exhaust heat through the case’s milled aluminum top. The result is lower temperatures with minimal noise, allowing both the CPU and GPU to clock higher, for longer.

While it’s compact and quiet, CORSAIR ONE boasts the very latest in premium PC hardware, from leaders in PC hardware. “We’re pleased to see CORSAIR extend their core capability from a high-performance enthusiast PC components supplier to an enthusiast class system OEM”, said Joel Christensen, General Manager for Intel’s Client Channel Business. “The CORSAIR ONE is an example of how Intel’s latest 7th Generation Core Processors fosters PC platform innovation. The CORSAIR ONE blends a compact form factor and high performance into an elegant design that pushes the boundaries for gaming form factors.”

CORSAIR ONE comes ready to deliver fantastic PC, 3D and VR experiences thanks to a liquid-cooled Intel Core i7 7700 CPU and air-cooled GeForce GTX 1070 8GB, while CORSAIR ONE PRO takes performance to the next level with dual liquid-cooling for both an Intel Core i7 7700K and GeForce GTX 1080 8GB. The rest of CORSAIR ONE’s internals are a list of must-haves for a modern PC: fast SSD storage in either 240GB, 480GB or 960GB options, roomy 1TB or 2TB HDD, an 80PLUS Gold SFX PSU, Z270 motherboard with USB 3.1 type C and 16GB of trusted CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2,400MHz DDR4. What’s more, CORSAIR ONE uses only industry standard sized components, so when it’s time to upgrade through CORSAIR’s network of certified upgrade centers, it’s easy to keep your CORSAIR ONE cutting edge.

CORSAIR has been building the parts to make the world’s best gaming PC for over two decades, so when it came to building its first full system, it was clear that it would come loaded with not just all the essentials every gamer needs, but also none of the bloat they don’t. Pre-installed games launchers from Steam, Origin, Good Old Games, Battle.net and Uplay make getting your games installed quick and easy, all within a clean 64-bit Windows 10 Home operating system, and with no sponsored browsers, applications or anti-virus. “We’re delighted to welcome CORSAIR‘s fully-built CORSAIR ONE to the Windows 10 family of devices,” said Gary Fowle, vice president of U.S. OEM, Microsoft Corp. “The liquid-cooled Windows 10 desktop is VR-ready and great for Xbox Play Anywhere, and its small form factor creates a number of exciting opportunities for casual or hardcore gamers.”

Featuring the best from CORSAIR, INTEL, NVIDIA, Microsoft and more, CORSAIR ONE is the desktop PC
    that’s been more than 20 years in the making.
    Whether you use your PC to battle, explore or create, this is the ONE.

*Dual Radiator CORSAIR ONE PRO only, CORSAIR ONE uses a single 240mm radiator. Specifications: CORSAIR ONE: Processor: Intel Core™ i7 7700, 4.2GHz Max Turbo Frequency, Liquid-Cooled Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070 8GB, Boost Clock 1,721MHz, Base Clock 1,531MHz, Air Cooled Memory: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2,400MHz Storage: CORSAIR FORCE LE 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD Motherboard: Custom MSI Z270 Mini-ITX PSU: CORSAIR SF400 80PLUS GOLD SFX Chassis: Black, Aluminum, VR-Ready OS: Windows 10 Home and future Microsoft updates MSRP: $1,799.99 Exc. TAX CORSAIR ONE PRO: Processor: Intel Core™ i7 7700K, 4.5GHz Max Turbo Frequency, Liquid-Cooled Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 8GB, Boost Clock 1,771 MHz, Base Clock 1,632MHz, Liquid-Cooled Memory: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2,400MHz Storage: CORSAIR FORCE LE 480GB SSD, 1TB HDD Motherboard: Custom MSI Z270 Mini-ITX PSU: CORSAIR SF400 80PLUS GOLD SFX Chassis: Black, Aluminum, VR-Ready OS: Windows 10 Home and future Microsoft updates MSRP: $2,199.99 Exc. TAX CORSAIR ONE PRO (CORSAIR WEBSTORE EXCLUSIVE): Processor: Intel Core™ i7 7700K Liquid-Cooled, 4.5GHz Max Turbo Frequency Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 8GB Liquid-Cooled, Boost Clock 1,771 MHz, Base Clock 1,632MHz Memory: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2,400MHz Storage: CORSAIR FORCE LE 960GB SSD Motherboard: Custom MSI Z270 Mini-ITX PSU: CORSAIR SF400 80PLUS GOLD SFX OS: Windows 10 Home and future Microsoft updates Chassis: Black, Aluminum, VR-Ready MSRP: $2,299.99 Exc. TAX COMING SOON: CORSAIR ONE PRO GTX 1080 Ti (CORSAIR WEBSTORE EXCLUSIVE): Processor: Intel Core™ i7 7700K, 4.5GHz Max Turbo Frequency, Liquid-Cooled Graphics Card: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, Liquid-Cooled Memory: 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 2,400MHz Storage: CORSAIR FORCE LE 960GB SSD Motherboard: Custom MSI Z270 Mini-ITX PSU: CORSAIR SF500 80PLUS GOLD SFX Chassis: Black, Aluminum, VR-Ready OS: Windows 10 Home MSRP: $ 2,599.99 Exc. TAX Availability, Warranty and Pricing CORSAIR ONE is available to pre-order immediately in North America, Europe and Australia from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors, and will be available in late March 2017. CORSAIR ONE is backed by a comprehensive two-year warranty and the CORSAIR worldwide customer support network, which includes dedicated technical support, 24 Hour Phone support […]

Read the story in full here...
    Last edited by vinman; 12-05-2017 at 20:27.

Status

Last Online
    23-06-2017 @ 21:49
    Thanks
    Level completed: 80%,
    Points required for next Level: 141
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Overall activity: 99.3%
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Default Re: Corsair One Shakes Up PC Gaming

"gently nudge them in the direction of the One series"

dude id be leavin boot prints as after affects of my persuasion attempts
    learning is good .....understanding is better .....pleas teach with wisdom............................................ ..............calemus

3. The following users thank 2 For this above post:

joshjaks (12-05-2017), vinman (14-05-2017)

Status

Last Online
    Today @ 00:05
    CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770K
    M/B: MSI Z87 MPOWER
    RAM: 32 GB DDR3 2400 G.SKILL SNIPER
    GPU: 2X- EVGA GFORCE GTX 960 4GB FTW
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Lux
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SUPERNOVA P2 PLATNIUM 1200W PSU
      • Cooling:
      • AirPlex 360 rad Airplex Pro 240 slim rad Swiftech MCP 655 Pump XSPC RAYSTORM CPU Water Block Monsoon Premium Modular 2 bay Reservoir
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • 27 inch BENQ HDMI
      • Win10 PRO 64bit
      • Misc:
      • GAMING G710 KEYBOARD, DM 1 Pro Gaming mouse
    Thanks
    Level completed: 2%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,578
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,578
    Overall activity: 99.6%