Arctic

Thread: Best Reviews of AMDs Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G

i'm a bot and you're not

Status

Last Online
    16-03-2007 @ 22:04
    Thanks

Default Best Reviews of AMDs Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G

The long awaited pairing of AMD processing and Vega graphics has finally arrived. We may not be able to put the chips to the test ourselves, but there’s a decent number of reviews on the web doing the work for us. Sorting through all of the reviews can take some work though, so we decided to help steer you towards the ones that seem to do the best job of bringing the best information to the table. Check out what we have and if you think a review covers something not listed here, leave a link in the comments below with a reason why you think it should be looked at.

Short and to the Point, but Good Benchmarks

If you just want a nice, fast read that still gives good testing results, ExtremeTech seemed to hit the nail on the head here. It’s a one page review, but there’s a number of graphs to click through. This should give you a solid overview of what the new Ryzen 5 2400G is capable of.

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G Review: The Best Blend of CPU and GPU Performance We’ve Ever Seen

Detailed Review of CPU and iGPU

I sort of knew AnandTech would be my likely choice for a detailed, comprehensive review ahead of time, but the choice was confirmed after checking several other reviews out. This isn’t to say other sites weren’t detailed, or did a poor job, but this review is certainly one of best ones for digging into a ton of results for the reader to view.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12425...5-2400g-review

OVERCLOCKING?

This was a disappointment! I found one reasonable review that included overclocking for the 2400G and 2200G. Even then, the limits were only pushed to what stock cooling could handle and I only found a promise that more results would come down the road. Considering these chips were a precursor to Zen+, I wanted to see some hard core pushing of the cores, but beggars can’t be choosers I suppose. At least TweakTown gave us a taste of overclocking which is greatly appreciated.

https://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8520/amd-ryzen-3-2200g-5-2400g-review/index8.html

Online Competitive Gaming

Most of the reviews focused on a hodgepodge of various gaming titles that punished the APUs pretty harshly. Sure, we want to know how AAA titles will perform, but it seems the intended market for a budget combination such as this is competitive eSports titles. Tech YES City targeted this market excellently with a combination of MOBA, FPS and Survival titles. It’s a nice balance to give viewers a general idea of what to expect in their preferred competitive games.

Video Review that’s Quick to Watch Finally, if you enjoy watching video reviews, but prefer not to wait through 30 minutes of material, Linus Tech Tips has you covered. His review clocks in at just over 7 minutes, but has plenty of graphs to show how the APUs performed. Once again, this is more of a broad view of performance, but that fits nicely into what a lot of perspective buyers want to learn about a product. There you have it! That’s our top picks for reviews to help you determine if the new Ryzen APUs are a match for your next system. Let us know if you found this to be helpful and keep checking in for more news and reviews.

Read the story in full here...
    Last edited by vinman; 15-02-2018 at 01:32.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links