motherboards
Arctic
Arctic Feezer 7x
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Maximus VII Formula Memory

  1. #1
    Ron
    Member

    Status
    Ron is offline

    Last Online
    11-04-2017 @ 19:21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Level completed: 56%,
    Points required for next Level: 132
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Overall activity: 90.0%

    Default Maximus VII Formula Memory

    Could you please give me a bit of advice on which memory to choose for my new build using the Asus Maximus VII Formula & Intel i7-4790K. I was going to use my existing ram, (G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 16gb) but I thought it would be nice to max out to 32gb. I'm trying to keep the price sensible so I liked of the look of the Crucial 1866 32gb Ballistix Sport XT or at a push the Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 32gb. Any more options or advice on which you think is the best value for money would be very helpful. Thanks Ron.

  2. #2
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is offline

    Last Online
    20-10-2017 @ 11:01
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    5,362
    CPU: Intel i7-5820k
    M/B: ASRock X99 WS
    RAM: 32GB Crucial DDR4 2133
    GPU: 2 R9-290s Xfire
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Urban T81
      • PSU:
      • CM Silent 350w
      • Cooling:
      • Custom H20, Ek blocks for CPU and GPUs
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • Dual 24"
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • White LED lighting
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 663 Posts
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Points: 26,323, Level: 49
    Level completed: 78%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 0%
    Overall activity: 0%

    Default Re: Maximus VII Formula Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Could you please give me a bit of advice on which memory to choose for my new build using the Asus Maximus VII Formula & Intel i7-4790K. I was going to use my existing ram, (G.Skill Ripjaws 1866 16gb) but I thought it would be nice to max out to 32gb. I'm trying to keep the price sensible so I liked of the look of the Crucial 1866 32gb Ballistix Sport XT or at a push the Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 32gb. Any more options or advice on which you think is the best value for money would be very helpful. Thanks Ron.

    Hey Ron, you can run with what you have with no problems but I would go with the Ballistix sport kit. I am a big fan of that kit. The other other kits I would say use are the Kingston Fury, 1866 and up and you can pic the color to match build.
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  3. #3
    Moderator

    Status
    Smiki007 is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    2,442
    CPU: ThreadRipper 2950X @4.1Ghz
    M/B: MSI Meg X399 Creation
    RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000
    GPU: 2x Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1600W 80+ G2
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • OS:
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 299 Times in 267 Posts
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Default Re: Maximus VII Formula Memory

    You can stay with tour RAM, it can run everyday task and games with no problem, instead of buying new RAM I would save the money to buy another GPU, or SSD or whaterver I need more.

    Always look beyond the limits...

  4. #4
    Ron
    Member

    Status
    Ron is offline

    Last Online
    11-04-2017 @ 19:21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Level completed: 56%,
    Points required for next Level: 132
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Overall activity: 90.0%

    Default Re: Maximus VII Formula Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberburnout View Post
    Hey Ron, you can run with what you have with no problems but I would go with the Ballistix sport kit. I am a big fan of that kit. The other other kits I would say use are the Kingston Fury, 1866 and up and you can pic the color to match build.
    Thanks for the advice.

  5. #5
    Ron
    Member

    Status
    Ron is offline

    Last Online
    11-04-2017 @ 19:21
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Norfolk, UK
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Points: 2,018, Level: 12
    Level completed: 56%,
    Points required for next Level: 132
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 90.0%
    Overall activity: 90.0%

    Default Re: Maximus VII Formula Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Smiki007 View Post
    You can stay with tour RAM, it can run everyday task and games with no problem, instead of buying new RAM I would save the money to buy another GPU, or SSD or whaterver I need more.
    I took your advice on the Swiftech H240-X so I think I'll do the same with the ram. I fancy upgrading my sound card to the Asus Essence STX II. The ram can wait. Thanks once again for your help.

  6. #6
    Moderator

    Status
    Smiki007 is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 13:21
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lima, Peru
    Posts
    2,442
    CPU: ThreadRipper 2950X @4.1Ghz
    M/B: MSI Meg X399 Creation
    RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3000
    GPU: 2x Aorus GTX 1080Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme
    • Smiki007's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Core X9
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1600W 80+ G2
      • Cooling:
      • 2x Enermax NEOChanger Res/Pump Combo + 2x Swiftech Xtreme FLow 360mm Rads + ACool Nexxos XT45 240mm Rad + EKWB Pom / Nickel Full Cover TR4 Water Block)
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS VG278H 3D
      • OS:
      • W10 Pro v.1809
    Thanks
    247
    Thanked 299 Times in 267 Posts
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Points: 108,027, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%,
    Points required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Overall activity: 76.0%

    Default Re: Maximus VII Formula Memory

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I took your advice on the Swiftech H240-X so I think I'll do the same with the ram. I fancy upgrading my sound card to the Asus Essence STX II. The ram can wait. Thanks once again for your help.

    Always look beyond the limits...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Maximus II Formula Club
    By Deton in forum CPU Overclocking
    Replies: 965
    Last Post: 20-10-2018, 12:20
  2. The Maximus Formula Club
    By Deton in forum CPU Overclocking
    Replies: 886
    Last Post: 24-09-2013, 12:59
  3. ASUS Maximus VI Formula Z87
    By TeeBlack in forum General Hardware
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 26-07-2013, 09:10
  4. ASUS Maximus III Formula
    By Skyguy in forum Reviews & Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23-12-2009, 23:24
  5. Maximus III Formula
    By Deton in forum General Hardware
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-07-2009, 13:47

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search tags.
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread