motherboards
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

  1. #1
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is online now

    Last Online
    Today @ 10:20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    4,438
    CPU: AMD FX8320 at 4.8ghz
    M/B: Gigibyte GA990fx-UD5
    RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Predator 2133mhz
    GPU: 3x Sapphire 7950 Dual-x 3GB
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • INWin Commander II 1200w
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 830 Times in 514 Posts
    Points: 17,578, Level: 40
    Points: 17,578, Level: 40
    Level completed: 41%,
    Points required for next Level: 472
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Default Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    All in one liquid cooling units are among the popular cooling solutions recently. With AIO units gaining popularity due to their cost to performance ratio, it doesn’t come as a surprise. If we look back a mere 2 years ago, liquid AIO cooling units were few and far between, and only a hand of manufacturers offered this type cooling solution. However, today we find AIO units flooding the market, and selecting the right one can be a hard choice with so many readily available......................

    Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review-main.jpg

    Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review | Pure Overclock
    Last edited by vinman; 05-06-2014 at 23:05.
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  2. The following user thanks Cyberburnout For this above post:

    calemus (05-06-2014)

  3. #2
    Moderator

    Status
    vinman is offline

    Last Online
    Today @ 04:09
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles Orange Cty
    Posts
    3,613
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K Sandy Bridge
    M/B: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 Mother Board
    RAM: 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite
    GPU: VisionTek Radeon HD 6950
    • vinman's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Pro
      • PSU:
      • Sparkle 1250 watt 80+Gold PSU
      • Cooling:
      • AirPlex 360 rad Airplex Pro 240 slim rad Swiftech MCP 655 Pump XSPC RAYSTORM CPU Water Block Alphacool Coolplex Pro 10LT Tube Reservoir
      • Sound:
      • On Board
      • Monitor:
      • 24 inch ASUS HDMI
      • OS:
      • Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Thanks
    1,119
    Thanked 525 Times in 416 Posts
    Points: 17,023, Level: 39
    Points: 17,023, Level: 39
    Level completed: 72%,
    Points required for next Level: 227
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Overall activity: 89.0%
    Overall activity: 89.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Great review Kenny One thing I have learned the hard way over the years is to add some plastic or fiber washers to some of the blocks I have installed
    when insulation between the screws backplate or fittings that contact the MB were not present or provided.

  4. The following user thanks vinman For this above post:

    Solara2xb (06-06-2014)

  5. #3
    Moderator

    Status
    Cyberburnout is online now

    Last Online
    Today @ 10:20
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    GROVE CITY OHIO
    Posts
    4,438
    CPU: AMD FX8320 at 4.8ghz
    M/B: Gigibyte GA990fx-UD5
    RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Predator 2133mhz
    GPU: 3x Sapphire 7950 Dual-x 3GB
    • Cyberburnout's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Switch 810 Matte
      • PSU:
      • INWin Commander II 1200w
      • Cooling:
      • Customer H20 with XSPC cpu block. Swiftech 320 Rad 3 Phanteks 120mm fans.2 120mm NZXT Fans in Front, 1 120mm NZXT fan in rear Recon Fan controller. Blue UV cooling liquid
      • Sound:
      • ONBOARD
      • Monitor:
      • lG 55in lcd TV
      • OS:
      • WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE X64
      • Misc:
      • Blue LED Lights
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 830 Times in 514 Posts
    Points: 17,578, Level: 40
    Points: 17,578, Level: 40
    Level completed: 41%,
    Points required for next Level: 472
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Overall activity: 99.8%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Great review Kenny. Sorry i deleted to original post by mistake. Distracted. Oops!

    Decent performance with an affordable price tag. I can seem them working well in a steam box, htpc and smaller gaming rigs.
    "If you got it, Build it"

    A+ Certified. Dell, Lenovo, HP, Lexmarks, Xerox, Panasonic and NEC Certified ASP.

  6. The following user thanks Cyberburnout For this above post:

    Solara2xb (06-06-2014)

  7. #4
    Core Member

    Status
    xelosia is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:41
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Windsor Ontario
    Posts
    1,701
    CPU: AMD FX 8350
    M/B: ASUS CROSSHAIR V Formula
    RAM: 16 gig Corsair Vengence 9- 9- 9 -27 12800 1600 mhz
    GPU: Gigabyte R9 270X Windforce
    • xelosia's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600TM
      • PSU:
      • OCZ ZS 750 watt
      • Cooling:
      • Corsair H100i
      • Sound:
      • On Board SB output to a Pioneer VSX906S Reciever
      • Monitor:
      • Sharp 32Inch lcd
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium sp1
      • Misc:
      • Lite on Blue Ray MADCATZ S.T.R.I.K.E. 3 Keyboard MIONIX NAOS 7000 Transcend 128 gig SSD
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked 357 Times in 296 Posts
    Points: 20,059, Level: 43
    Points: 20,059, Level: 43
    Level completed: 24%,
    Points required for next Level: 691
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Overall activity: 67.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Great review Kenny thanks for posting

  8. The following user thanks xelosia For this above post:

    Solara2xb (06-06-2014)

  9. #5
    Regular Member

    Status
    Ciarlatano is online now

    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC Metro Area
    Posts
    370
    CPU: Intel 4790K @ 4.6GHz
    M/B: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme D4 2133
    GPU: nVidia GTX 780 Reference
    • Ciarlatano's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech Apogee XL, Swiftech Komodo NV-LE, D5 PWM w/ EK Top, Alphacool UT60 280mm, XSPC RX360 V3, XSPC Photon 170, Noctua PPC-2000 fans push/pull all around
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Level completed: 50%,
    Points required for next Level: 203
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Eh...with (albeit slightly) better performing units out there fom Zalman, Silverstone, Antec, Corsair, Cooler Master, Antec...I'm just not sure where this really offers anything different in an already saturated market. The price and noise differences are nominal, and neither is enough to make it stand out from the crowd.

    It's pretty obvious that this came out of the same oem as Silverstone (or they mimicked it to the point of copyright infringement), but the thicker Silverstone rad obviously performs better. The one upside being that it will fit in some cases that the Silverstone doesn't.

    Overall, it just feels like a "more of the same" in terms of price, performance and noise. Personally, I think it is better in terms of looks than most, but that is subjective.

  10. The following user thanks Ciarlatano For this above post:

    Solara2xb (06-06-2014)

  11. #6
    Regular Member

    Status
    joshjaks is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:34
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rangely, CO
    Posts
    478
    CPU: FX / 8350 / AMD / 4.7Ghz OC
    M/B: Asrock 990FX Extreme9
    RAM: 16gb / Corsair / Vengeance / 1866 / 9-10-9-27
    GPU: MSI / Lightning r7970 / 3gb / x 2 Crossfire
    • joshjaks's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • NZXT Phantom 820
      • PSU:
      • Rosewill / Lightning / 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • Proc / Cooler Master Glacer 240l w/ Prolimatech PK-1 Fans / 4x NZXT 200mm Front, Side and Top/ Rear / 1 x NZXT 140mm GPU / Stock (Twin Frozr)
      • Monitor:
      • Acer 27" LED
      • OS:
      • Windows 8.1
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 40 Times in 31 Posts
    Points: 4,391, Level: 19
    Points: 4,391, Level: 19
    Level completed: 36%,
    Points required for next Level: 259
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 259
    Overall activity: 49.0%
    Overall activity: 49.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Great review Kenny, as always! I was impressed by the noise levels. Usually the other companies sacrifice a lot of quiet to come close to units like corsair ones. All in all though I agree with Ciarlatano that it is "more of the same."
    Second System: CPU - AMD FX-8350 / Mobo - AsRock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 / Video Card - XFX Radeon HD6870 / Memory - 8gb Gskill Sniper DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 / Harddrive - Seagate Barracuda 250gb 7200 rpm x 3 Raid 0 / Power Supply - Seasonic X Gold 750w / Case - Sunbeam Transformer / CPU Cooler - Zalman CNPS9900 Max

  12. The following user thanks joshjaks For this above post:

    Solara2xb (06-06-2014)

  13. #7
    Moderator

    Status
    Solara2xb is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alta Loma, CA
    Posts
    4,828
    CPU: Intel i7 5930K / Intel i7 4820K / Intel i7 4770K
    M/B: ????? / ASUS X79 Sabertooth / ASUS Z97 MVIIF
    RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR4 / 32GB Corsair 1866MHz / 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz
    GPU: Sapphire R9 290 / EVGA GTX 780 w EK WB / XFX R9 290 (xfire) w XSPC WB
    • Solara2xb's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Dimastech V2.3 TB / Corsair 750D / NZXT P630
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 1000G2 / Corsair AX1200 / Corsair AX1200
      • Cooling:
      • ALL Systems running Custom Water Cooling
      • Monitor:
      • 3x Dell 24" IPS on XFX Triple Stand 5760x1200
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thanks
    1,116
    Thanked 512 Times in 446 Posts
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Level completed: 39%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Overall activity: 17.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Thanks Guys!

    With the saturated AIO market, they "all" are roughly the same in terms of performance and pricing. I've found units ranging from $80 all the way to $140 and they are all roughly (round about way) perform the same with some running a few degree cooler or worst, but rarely do we find one that runs extremely bad.

    Like I mentioned in the article, and this pertains to most AIO units. Most come to these units due to pricing of water cooling (in terms of AIO Units in general), and while not speaking of one specific brand or maker, most run to these units due to the performance they get out of them without having to go into custom loops, or the want of installing a massive air cooler like the Noctua or phanteks that take up a lot of real estate inside of a case.

    We all know that there are some air coolers that out perform some of the even more expensive AIO cooling units, but AIO units appeal to a larger group due to the recent craze in aesthetics of a PC build and reasons why we find that most consumer are running AIO more now due to its aesthetics and it being pleasing to the eye when inside of a chassis. Not everyone is looking for the top performer, but what "looks good" inside of a build. Self satisfaction I guess... This is the reason that so many manufactures are coming out with AIO units, while performance are "all about them same", its the other factors that push more consumers to them.

    But that just my opinion on the subject.

  14. #8
    Core Member

    Status
    killjoyjim is offline

    Last Online
    Today @ 00:55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    corry pa
    Posts
    4,177
    CPU: INTEL i5 4670k
    M/B: ECS l337 gaming,gank,z87h3-a2x z87 chip set
    RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 2133
    GPU: asus580 directcuII 1536 MB GDDR5 / 782HZ OVERCLOCK
    • killjoyjim's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d With custume pait Black Cherry with perial.
      • PSU:
      • AZZA TITAN 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • Laing DDC Pump. with XSPC CLEAR TOP,XSPC block for cpu, Koolance 4x120mm copper Vert rad in top,Black Ice 120mm in the front,Danger Den Dual bay res ,Primochill PRO-LRT Tubing.
      • Sound:
      • ASUS ROG THUNDERBOLT
      • Monitor:
      • 47'' samsung tv
      • OS:
      • windows 7
      • Misc:
      • OCZ 60gb fot OS. And a OCZ 240 ssd.
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 339 Times in 306 Posts
    Points: 25,149, Level: 48
    Points: 25,149, Level: 48
    Level completed: 60%,
    Points required for next Level: 401
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberburnout View Post
    Great review Kenny. Sorry i deleted to original post by mistake. Distracted. Oops!

    Decent performance with an affordable price tag. I can seem them working well in a steam box, htpc and smaller gaming rigs.
    I have new SteamBox coming up next month.I will look into tis AIO see if the guy wants to go with one.

  15. #9
    Core Member

    Status
    killjoyjim is offline

    Last Online
    Today @ 00:55
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    corry pa
    Posts
    4,177
    CPU: INTEL i5 4670k
    M/B: ECS l337 gaming,gank,z87h3-a2x z87 chip set
    RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB 2133
    GPU: asus580 directcuII 1536 MB GDDR5 / 782HZ OVERCLOCK
    • killjoyjim's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Corsair 700d With custume pait Black Cherry with perial.
      • PSU:
      • AZZA TITAN 1000w
      • Cooling:
      • Laing DDC Pump. with XSPC CLEAR TOP,XSPC block for cpu, Koolance 4x120mm copper Vert rad in top,Black Ice 120mm in the front,Danger Den Dual bay res ,Primochill PRO-LRT Tubing.
      • Sound:
      • ASUS ROG THUNDERBOLT
      • Monitor:
      • 47'' samsung tv
      • OS:
      • windows 7
      • Misc:
      • OCZ 60gb fot OS. And a OCZ 240 ssd.
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 339 Times in 306 Posts
    Points: 25,149, Level: 48
    Points: 25,149, Level: 48
    Level completed: 60%,
    Points required for next Level: 401
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Overall activity: 99.7%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Solara2xb View Post
    Thanks Guys!

    With the saturated AIO market, they "all" are roughly the same in terms of performance and pricing. I've found units ranging from $80 all the way to $140 and they are all roughly (round about way) perform the same with some running a few degree cooler or worst, but rarely do we find one that runs extremely bad.

    Like I mentioned in the article, and this pertains to most AIO units. Most come to these units due to pricing of water cooling (in terms of AIO Units in general), and while not speaking of one specific brand or maker, most run to these units due to the performance they get out of them without having to go into custom loops, or the want of installing a massive air cooler like the Noctua or phanteks that take up a lot of real estate inside of a case.

    We all know that there are some air coolers that out perform some of the even more expensive AIO cooling units, but AIO units appeal to a larger group due to the recent craze in aesthetics of a PC build and reasons why we find that most consumer are running AIO more now due to its aesthetics and it being pleasing to the eye when inside of a chassis. Not everyone is looking for the top performer, but what "looks good" inside of a build. Self satisfaction I guess... This is the reason that so many manufactures are coming out with AIO units, while performance are "all about them same", its the other factors that push more consumers to them.

    But that just my opinion on the subject.
    So true Kenny. Most build's I see have a AIO in them.

  16. #10
    Regular Member

    Status
    Ciarlatano is online now

    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC Metro Area
    Posts
    370
    CPU: Intel 4790K @ 4.6GHz
    M/B: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme D4 2133
    GPU: nVidia GTX 780 Reference
    • Ciarlatano's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech Apogee XL, Swiftech Komodo NV-LE, D5 PWM w/ EK Top, Alphacool UT60 280mm, XSPC RX360 V3, XSPC Photon 170, Noctua PPC-2000 fans push/pull all around
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Level completed: 50%,
    Points required for next Level: 203
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Solara2xb View Post
    Thanks Guys!

    With the saturated AIO market, they "all" are roughly the same in terms of performance and pricing. I've found units ranging from $80 all the way to $140 and they are all roughly (round about way) perform the same with some running a few degree cooler or worst, but rarely do we find one that runs extremely bad.

    Like I mentioned in the article, and this pertains to most AIO units. Most come to these units due to pricing of water cooling (in terms of AIO Units in general), and while not speaking of one specific brand or maker, most run to these units due to the performance they get out of them without having to go into custom loops, or the want of installing a massive air cooler like the Noctua or phanteks that take up a lot of real estate inside of a case.

    We all know that there are some air coolers that out perform some of the even more expensive AIO cooling units, but AIO units appeal to a larger group due to the recent craze in aesthetics of a PC build and reasons why we find that most consumer are running AIO more now due to its aesthetics and it being pleasing to the eye when inside of a chassis. Not everyone is looking for the top performer, but what "looks good" inside of a build. Self satisfaction I guess... This is the reason that so many manufactures are coming out with AIO units, while performance are "all about them same", its the other factors that push more consumers to them.

    But that just my opinion on the subject.
    Wait....where am I?

    Agree 100% on all points.

    This piece is fine as CLC goes....it's really just how many variations of the same thing will the market bear? Or should it bear? It's pretty hard to get excited about a piece that is exactly like twenty others. At least with Zalman and Antec you are getting something a little different.

    It's kind of a shame, because Enermax makes some great fans and chose a kind of lousy piece for their first CLC offering. This one is significantly better, but comes at a time when there is a huge glut of similar pieces on the market, and now it will have to try to compete with the H220/240L, the new Swiftech coming out, the Fractal open loop coming out and two pre-assembled open loops from major cooling manufacturers rumored to be ready for a pre-Christmas launch. It just seems like "too little, too late, who cares" for a piece that would have been a strong contender had it been released at CES 2013.

  17. #11
    Moderator

    Status
    Solara2xb is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alta Loma, CA
    Posts
    4,828
    CPU: Intel i7 5930K / Intel i7 4820K / Intel i7 4770K
    M/B: ????? / ASUS X79 Sabertooth / ASUS Z97 MVIIF
    RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR4 / 32GB Corsair 1866MHz / 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz
    GPU: Sapphire R9 290 / EVGA GTX 780 w EK WB / XFX R9 290 (xfire) w XSPC WB
    • Solara2xb's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Dimastech V2.3 TB / Corsair 750D / NZXT P630
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 1000G2 / Corsair AX1200 / Corsair AX1200
      • Cooling:
      • ALL Systems running Custom Water Cooling
      • Monitor:
      • 3x Dell 24" IPS on XFX Triple Stand 5760x1200
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thanks
    1,116
    Thanked 512 Times in 446 Posts
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Level completed: 39%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Overall activity: 17.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    The one thing with AIO (CLC) and AIOs that are open loops is that they are playing in a different arena. While a open loop system is "like" a CLC not everyone is willing to or want to mess with them. Also its been known that open loops system can benefit much more than an CLC AIO units with the ability to expand and upgrade, so nothing new there either. So while essentially lots of reviews like to compare the Swiftech/Cooler Master H220 and other open loops systems to CLC system, you can't compare the 2 as its not really "apples to apples".

    Enermax and many manufactures today are kind of and sort of "late" to this game. With so many AIO units out there now its pretty much up to a company that can market the item correctly, or perhaps a better software package which the Enermax units lack, type of fans included, so which ever the case (good or bad). But given even that fact, you can't blame the manufactures for joining in to get a piece of the cake, but its the fact that we need this to help bring down cost to the competing market share. Otherwise, we would have company "A" offering these units at outrageous prices.

    But I can agree with you that Zalman and Antec are doing something different with their line of AIO units. So Kudos to them, I didn't test any of those so I can only speak from experience of the ones I have used or worked with, but still, performance is roughly in the same arena even with some designs being slightly different.

  18. The following user thanks Solara2xb For this above post:

    vinman (07-06-2014)

  19. #12
    Regular Member

    Status
    Ciarlatano is online now

    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    NYC Metro Area
    Posts
    370
    CPU: Intel 4790K @ 4.6GHz
    M/B: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth
    RAM: 16GB Patriot Viper Xtreme D4 2133
    GPU: nVidia GTX 780 Reference
    • Ciarlatano's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Primo
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! DPP 10 1000W
      • Cooling:
      • Swiftech Apogee XL, Swiftech Komodo NV-LE, D5 PWM w/ EK Top, Alphacool UT60 280mm, XSPC RX360 V3, XSPC Photon 170, Noctua PPC-2000 fans push/pull all around
      • Sound:
      • ASUS Essence STX
      • Monitor:
      • ASUS 24"
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 64
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Points: 3,247, Level: 16
    Level completed: 50%,
    Points required for next Level: 203
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 203
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Overall activity: 33.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Solara2xb View Post
    The one thing with AIO (CLC) and AIOs that are open loops is that they are playing in a different arena. While a open loop system is "like" a CLC not everyone is willing to or want to mess with them. Also its been known that open loops system can benefit much more than an CLC AIO units with the ability to expand and upgrade, so nothing new there either. So while essentially lots of reviews like to compare the Swiftech/Cooler Master H220 and other open loops systems to CLC system, you can't compare the 2 as its not really "apples to apples".

    Enermax and many manufactures today are kind of and sort of "late" to this game. With so many AIO units out there now its pretty much up to a company that can market the item correctly, or perhaps a better software package which the Enermax units lack, type of fans included, so which ever the case (good or bad). But given even that fact, you can't blame the manufactures for joining in to get a piece of the cake, but its the fact that we need this to help bring down cost to the competing market share. Otherwise, we would have company "A" offering these units at outrageous prices.

    But I can agree with you that Zalman and Antec are doing something different with their line of AIO units. So Kudos to them, I didn't test any of those so I can only speak from experience of the ones I have used or worked with, but still, performance is roughly in the same arena even with some designs being slightly different.
    While the CLC and pre-assembled open loops are not apples to apples in terms the capabilities and quality of the components, the comparisons are inevitable. They are apples to apples at this point in price range, and in the fact that they are liquid cooling that you can take out of the box and install directly. While we know they are not the same things, the average consumer doesn't - they see two items that are effectively the same with no need to mess with either, so they will compare the $109 Enermax to the $129 CM Glacer 240L, see that the Glacer offers better performance, and may or may not notice that the 240L can accomplish this with much lower noise. They may never even notice that the 240L is open loop, or that the rad, block and pump are all significantly better.

    So, they do end up butting heads in the marketplace regardless of whether they should or shouldn't.

    But, I agree - you certainly can't blame Enermax for trying to cash in - they are a business, they are here to make money. And this unit should get a nod for using the Silverstone platform with what in my opinion is more universally likable looks, rather than being the 347th iteration of the same Asetek. As you said, with performance so close, a huge part of buying a CLC is the aesthetics, and this unit will appeal to many.

  20. #13
    Moderator

    Status
    Solara2xb is offline

    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 19:27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Alta Loma, CA
    Posts
    4,828
    CPU: Intel i7 5930K / Intel i7 4820K / Intel i7 4770K
    M/B: ????? / ASUS X79 Sabertooth / ASUS Z97 MVIIF
    RAM: 32GB Kingston DDR4 / 32GB Corsair 1866MHz / 16GB Kingston HyperX 2666MHz
    GPU: Sapphire R9 290 / EVGA GTX 780 w EK WB / XFX R9 290 (xfire) w XSPC WB
    • Solara2xb's Full Spec's
      • Case:
      • Dimastech V2.3 TB / Corsair 750D / NZXT P630
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 1000G2 / Corsair AX1200 / Corsair AX1200
      • Cooling:
      • ALL Systems running Custom Water Cooling
      • Monitor:
      • 3x Dell 24" IPS on XFX Triple Stand 5760x1200
      • OS:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
    Thanks
    1,116
    Thanked 512 Times in 446 Posts
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Points: 91,981, Level: 94
    Level completed: 39%,
    Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,169
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Overall activity: 17.0%

    Default Re: Enermax Liqtech 240 & Liqmax 120 CPU Cooler Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciarlatano View Post
    While the CLC and pre-assembled open loops are not apples to apples in terms the capabilities and quality of the components, the comparisons are inevitable. They are apples to apples at this point in price range, and in the fact that they are liquid cooling that you can take out of the box and install directly. While we know they are not the same things, the average consumer doesn't - they see two items that are effectively the same with no need to mess with either, so they will compare the $109 Enermax to the $129 CM Glacer 240L, see that the Glacer offers better performance, and may or may not notice that the 240L can accomplish this with much lower noise. They may never even notice that the 240L is open loop, or that the rad, block and pump are all significantly better.

    So, they do end up butting heads in the marketplace regardless of whether they should or shouldn't.

    But, I agree - you certainly can't blame Enermax for trying to cash in - they are a business, they are here to make money. And this unit should get a nod for using the Silverstone platform with what in my opinion is more universally likable looks, rather than being the 347th iteration of the same Asetek. As you said, with performance so close, a huge part of buying a CLC is the aesthetics, and this unit will appeal to many.
    Thanks George, You make some valid points and I can def. agree on. At the end of the day, everyone will come out with something the same or similar in this market, our job is to point out the differences, aesthetics, value and performance each can hold. Everyone's opinion on whether its a good option to use is there own and all the while we can try to point them in the right direct, but not everyone listens too care fully now a days.

    Thanks for chiming in on your thought's, an outsides point of view is always refreshing and it's always fun to have "little debates" without things being blown our of proportion (happens a lot of FB groups) so thanks for that! lolz..

+ Reply to Thread

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Similar Threads

  1. Enermax TwisterOdio 16 Notebook Cooler
    By News Team in forum Reviews & Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-11-2013, 23:41
  2. Enermax iVektor ATX Mid Tower Review
    By News Team in forum Reviews & Articles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 25-10-2013, 17:50
  3. Enermax Fulmo ST review
    By velko in forum Cases & Modding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-09-2013, 13:24
  4. New Enermax Cooling System coming in for review
    By Doctor_Death in forum General Hardware
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 29-08-2012, 16:34
  5. Enermax ETS-T40 CPU Cooler
    By Skyguy in forum Reviews & Articles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-09-2011, 08:08

Search tags for this page

enermax liqmax 120s fan review

,

enermax liqtech 240 and cm storm stryker

,

enermax liqtech 240 fit corsair 750d case

,

liqtech 240 review

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread