DM1 FPS On the Surface The first thing you’ll notice about the DM1 FPS is that there is no spectacle. Nothing inherently screams, “Look at me! I’m clearly for hardcore gamers.” Gaming mice scarcely fit in a professional environment. Underneath that shell, however, is a suspiciously well performing mouse. Left/Right click, scroll wheel with middle click, two side buttons, and a DPI switch. Anything less wouldn’t be a gaming mouse and anything more is a specialty mouse. The weirdest part of taking it out of the box is touching the mouse cable. What is this? It’s like someone gutted a shoestring or paracord and replaced that typical rubber or braided sheath. “Extremely light and flexible,” basically means it weighs less than a cooked spaghetti noodle. Braided cables on other mice pale in comparison. Other mice cables feel stiff enough that any contact with the desk can be felt. Shoestring cables do a surprisingly good job of simulating an untethered connection. It weighs 83 grams. Their website says as much. I measured it. It’s true. I’m unsure why that was what I decided to question, but it does indeed weigh 83 grams. It’s as light as it can be without feeling like a cheap pre-built desktop add-on. The buttons feel great to press. There’s not a ton of effort to activate, yet they’re unlikely to miss click. Huano mechanical switches were chosen over the often used Omron, but both are rated to 20 million clicks. Left and right click are by no means quiet. At five in the morning I’m likely to wake everyone up with this mouse. Loud clicky keys go unnoticed with blue switch mechanical keyboards but stand out against stealth switches. The side buttons are kinder on the ears.

More...