When I first saw the Prodigy I was sold, and knew I had to have one and make a killer transportable rig in it.
Only down size was the only option of a ITX motherboard with only one PCI-e slot and socket 1155.
And I believe I am/was not alone in the boat
BUT to the rescue a custom motherboard came in sight, which would allow me to make a much more powerfull system in the prodigy case.
So this will be the build log of what to me in some time was "Unobtainable".
Hope you like it, any suggestions is welcome
Thanks to the sponsors who have help me make this rig possible :
So time few updates.
First; this is what there so far will get into this build:
- I7 3930K (got it)
- Shuttle X79 motherboard (got it)
- Corsair 4x4 gb Dominator (got it)
- Two HD 7950, one Gigabyte the other not sure yet (Gigabyte en route the other an be bought on the day)
- NZXT Hale90 1000W Gold PSU (en route)
- Two Samsung 830 128 gb SSD (got them)
- Two WD Green 2 TB (got them)
Watercooling and suchs
- EK Supremacy Nickel - Pexi (en route)
- Two EK-RAM Dominator X2 Nickel - Pexi (en route)
- Two EK FC7950 Nickel - Pexi (got them)
- EK back plates for HD 7950 (not bought yet)
- Two Single Slot I/O bracket for HD 79X0 (not bought)
- Koolance MVR-40 VRM waterblock and Koolance MVR Heat Transfer Plate 84mm (not bought yet, not in stock )
- Watercool HEATKILLER® NSB Rev3.0 nickel (not bought yet)
- Phobya Extreme 200 mm radiator (en route, beginning of next week)
- Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 120 mm radiator (en route, beginning of next week)
- Alphacool NexXxos XT45 Full Copper 240 mm radiator (en route, beginning of next week)
- Two Phobya Balancer 150 mm reservoir Silver Nickel (en route, beginning of next week)
- Swithech MCP35X with a EK CSQ top (en route, beginning of next week)
- Alphacool Heatmaster and Digital Flow sensor and tempsensor. (en route, beginning of next week)
- 16/13 mm fittings and some MasterKleer Clear tupe. (I will propperly need more then I got now. specially the angel ones)
- Bitfenix Spectre Pro fans (one 200 mm, one 140 mm and two 120 mm) (got them)
And then a some light, sleeving and suchs small things (most I got or it is en route).
If you got any ideas for some changes please comment.
Many great pictures of this build can be seen here:
Hope you like it and will share and vote